A Literal First

LedTed

Enlightened
I had a service person work on my furnace the other night. He was the first service person in ten years to arrive with a headlamp, or any somewhat descent portable lighting for that matter. The headlamp was a $5.00 cheapie with no optics for its three 5mm LEDs.

When I complimented the service guy on his use of a headlamp, he admitted that it was a gift he never intended to use, but found that he uses it every day.

I didn't want to downplay the guy's useful gift. So, I didn't know how to let him know that there are more capable headlamps easily available. But, then again, he was doing fine with what he had; which again, was more than most.

saypat

Enlightened
I had a service person work on my furnace the other night. He was the first service person in ten years to arrive with a headlamp, or any somewhat descent portable lighting for that matter. The headlamp was a $5.00 cheapie with no optics for its three 5mm LEDs.

When I complimented the service guy on his use of a headlamp, he admitted that it was a gift he never intended to use, but found that he uses it every day.

I didn't want to downplay the guy's useful gift. So, I didn't know how to let him know that there are more capable headlamps easily available. But, then again, he was doing fine with what he had; which again, was more than most.

the service person is a lot smarter than I am. I have some 40 plus lights, about $1200 invested. I have an 18650 zoomie light that I paid $6 for that is quite sufficient for all my lighting needs be it flood, throw, high, low, strobe, or SOS. Oh to go back and do it again.....

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool story; thanks for sharing. It is good to hear about someone having adequate lighting with him for his job. I almost always see people come with huge Maglites instead of something smaller for a really close-up job, but again, at least they have a light.

LedTed

Enlightened
Unrelated to my OP, I've got two guys working on another service call. Both are using the camera flash LEDs on their cell phones for inspection and task lighting. On top of that, one of the guys dropped his phone. The phone seems OK. But, well you know.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a experience like that. Had new AC unit installed. When complete the company owner comes to inspect final work and asks Client to join them in the hot attic to see final job. I was waiting on this and prepared with my ACEBEAM X60 (M model wasn't out yet). I couldn't wait for him to turn on his 2 D LED mag light. He said, "wow that thing blows away my light, my wife gave me this for my birthday and I thought it was bright". :fail:

I felt bad afterwards until I realized he got even when I wrote the check for the job! lol

Latest posts