your experiences for ThruNite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Hello

THis is David. Six years since ThruNite setup. I think you have some experience with ThruNite. why not share with me. you could show all about ThruNite. worlds. imagins. complaints. anthing about ThruNite. Please excluse my Poor English.

Regards

David

credo

Newly Enlightened
Hi David, thanks for posting this open question - it shows you care about your products and how they are received. I currently own a Thrunite Ti2, and did own a TN35, which I loved but needed more throw. I was very impressed with the TN35's build quality overall, particularly the rotary switch and the reflector, very nicely done. If I could criticise I'd say the battery carrier could have been a couple of mm longer, and the anodising on the knurling was not 100% perfect. The Ti2 is a great little light, really good value. Other than these two lights that's it for me and Thrunite for the moment!

How about asking what new we'd like to see from Thrunite? You seem to be a company that moves pretty quickly with new products, and good at identifying gaps in the market.

For me I think an update to the TN32 to throw over the 'magic' 1000m and lose the shiny heatsink would be nice. The debate over the brass / copper construction of this light set a few minds in doubt I think...

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impressed that you seek open comments/discussion - kudos to you sir.

I only own the original T10 twisties and Neutron 2A V2 and I think ThruNites make good value lights. I really enjoy the UIs and am impressed by the versatility and power range of the Neutron from a NiMh to an IMR14500 - it's really a shame to hear others have had QC issues with the light.

I'm also a huge sub-/low-lumen and night vision enthusiast, but unfortunately for me (and admittedly this is just personal preference), I find Thrunite's typical 100-200x mode spacing between firefly and "low" to be too dim/too bright for 90% of my usage, otherwise I'd buy more.

I'm a big believer in truth in advertising, and have a lightbox and test my lights for output and runtime on the lower modes I use most. My biggest complaint with Thrunite are SOME of the spec claims - most exaggerated I've seen outside of Fleabay. Examples (1 NiMh): T10 XPG2 Med, 20 lms for 39 hrs; Neutron V2 Low, 11 lumens for 72 hours (to be fair, TN has finally adjusted THIS spec); both approaching 800 lumen-hours of efficiency. My output/runtime tests yield a realistic and averagish ~200 lumen-hrs on a 2000 mah Eneloop, so bump it up to ~250 lm-hrs for TN's use of a 2500 mah Eneloop.

BTW, your lumen scale has massively changed from the times of the original T10 twisty and Neutron V1 days - I find your previous scale closer to true ANSI (if a bit conservative)... and there's only ONE reviewer here on CPF that claims true ANSI - ti-force. (E.G., my T10 twisty's 9 lm mode is ~twice as bright as my Neutron V2s 11 lm mode.)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to be a boring post...I haven't owned any Thrunite lights other than keychain-sized ones, and haven't had a single problem with any of them. I really like the TiS, and the choice of colors offered. I particularly like the blue (my use) and pink (gifts). I like black as much as the next guy, but it gets dull after a while...some variety is nice. I'd like to see Thrunite offer more colors for larger lights as well, if this is feasible. The titanium Ti (Christmas edition) is a wonderful gift light as well.

One more thing...I'd like to see expanded support for 10440. Although many Thrunite lights can take them, you wouldn't know that from the packaging/manual. I can understand why you don't recommend them...but maybe do a recommended/acceptable/banned list, like some other manufacturers. That way we know for sure it won't just fry the driver/LED on first use.

Kudos to Thrunite for value...they are among the best for the price!

Just because this thread needs some color:
DSC00165.JPG

Last edited:

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much for your update. we will release our new website soon. We are still a small company. we just hope to take users more lights with great value. but sure we will improve our products design and QC and so on. anyway. I am listening !

Thanks

David

ven

Flashaholic
Hi David,simply put.....very good experience.

Expanding a little,I only own the tn35 ,t10/t10s/t10t at present(I will have more) . The build is great for the cost compared to other brands. Reliability....well issue free of the 4 lights I own so very good:) I can't comment on warranty issues as had none so far ,but I do have confidence from what I have read on CPF.

The small t10 lights imo offer excellent value for money,solid build,great edc options .

My tn35vn has been modded by vinh so has a little higher output of around 3500lm. The mtg2 tint is amazing,as is the large deep reflector and nice UI control ring. A real nice useful light!

Personally i think your on fire right now,your products are fantastic and will be adding a tn36 and maybe a tn30 to my Thrunite collection in the future. Very well priced lights.......

Keep the excellent work up, as a brand I would certainly recommend to others(and have).

I see a future that goes from strength to strength :)

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Received a Thrunite TN4A 3 days ago. Great light and a good price. Previous Thrunite lights include the Catapult V2, and the TN32. All lights perform exactly as expected. Thank You Thrunite.

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
i recieved my first thrunite lights a month ago(tn36-ti christmas edition)and all i can say is that they are solid build and priced lights.So far could'nt be more happier about them, and i will definitely add some more lights in my collection in the future.Are you planning making a headlamp in the near future?

Johnnyt

Newly Enlightened
Thank you David for the chance to offer some feedback. I recently ordered a T10T and am very impressed. The light is almost perfect for its purpose as an EDC. Some things I appreciate about it are

value - single a titanium light for very affordable price
modes- very functional well spaced three mode light.
Quality- just a few weeks in but hasn't had a glitch yet.
clip- screw on. Very solid.
design- elegant and minimal labeling.
design- no blinky tactical modes. I don't want or need them- thank you!
extras-diffuser included and nice gift box. Didn't affect purchase decision but increases your brand image to me personally. I feel you are really trying to offer what a user needs to get the most out of the light.

negatives- memory mode. I would prefer a constant UI of low med high. I do not like not knowing what output the light will be from off.

hopes- I would love a similar Light to t10t in titanium that is 18650. Small, 4 levels instead of 3. No turbo please. Just elegant simplicity like t10t

thanks!
john

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello David! My experience with Thrunite has been extremely impressive so far. Have TN12, TN4A with a TN11 V2 on the way. Overall the quality of the lights has been top notch. My only complaint is I am pretty convinced my TN4A does not have an anti glare coated lens. Aside from that everything has been fantastic. I love the good quality sheaths included with the lights. Shipping has been perfect.

TFS_Jake

Newly Enlightened
I have only one of your lights. It is the Ti3 NW.

I love pretty much everything about the light. The price point (~20USD) is great for me. The build quality and beam pattern are excellent. Battery life seems to be excellent also. No real complaints as far as the light goes. I thought I lost it about a week ago and was pretty pissed for a few hours, until I found it. :D

I would like it to have a memory mode as I find myself using the medium mode most of the time.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I have had very good experiences with thrunite. For the money, i believe the quality is excellent. I bought a Thrunite Saber 1A 2014, TN12 2014 and Ti (black & blue). My favourite lights are the small AAA ti lights. My only complaint about the aaa ti lights is that they don't have a spring (with the foam ring it can crush the battery over time). Also, it would be awesome if you guys sold the Ti2 v2 AAA 80 lumen single-mode light again, BUT with a revision: add a spring instead of the foam ring and keep it at $10. These would be great gift lights that we could buy a lot of and gift to non-flashaholic family & friends. Heck, I'd buy some to use for myself (if it also had a low of, say, 5 lumens in addition to the 80 lumens max).

In any case, I've been pleased with your lights and you're among my favourite affordable companies.

*** Oh and i forgot - please offer the AAA Ti lights with the awesome colour variations you had in the past (blue, yellow, pink etc...) Black gets kind of boring after a while ***

Last edited:

sparraz

Newly Enlightened
David:

This is awesome! Thank you for putting yourself out there and seeking input on your products!

I recently bought my wife a Thrunite T10T. I had gotten her a Fenix LD12. The LD12 is a very nice light, but the low mode was not low enough for her. I'm very impressed with the T10T for the money! My wife is very happy with her light. I will definitely consider Thrunite the next time I am in the market for a light. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

bladesmith3

Enlightened
I love my tn12 but I want a tn4a. amazon says it will ship in 1-2 MONTHS!!!!! WTF?????
your site says no shipping for yet another week. you need a plan that does not involve customers buying your competitions products because you cant find someone to ship your products.

chuckhov

Enlightened
David,

It seems to me, that like every other young business, you need capital.

I would love to see all of your lights available from All of the major players, not just your own website, and your Amazon store. - Duh:)

Also - Please keep offering us the Choice between CW and NW, with the hopes of including Nichia in the future.

A Nichia (319?) that could compete with the Cree Xm L2s can't be far from now - Can it?... But that is out of your hands.

Really, the only thing that I have seen you do that was 'bad', was that the TN35 just seemed to disappear right around Christmas time, allowing the Acebeam K40M to take up some of the slack.

Now then: Please look at the Fenix PD40 and make it Better! - 1x26650... Most of our chargers will still work! - I think that 26650 has a Bright future! - Also, think of the 'current' (pun intended) Lumens war, and the need for greater amp draw with Multiple emitters, them self being High-Draw (MT-G2, XHP70), and future emitters that will require even more power (none of these emitters are designed for hand-held flashlights), as you well know, so We need to keep up!

Keep up the good work, and Thanks!

-Chuck

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
My only suggestion would be to have a live stock counter on your site. No one likes to get their hopes up only to realise the item is not in stock.

Do you guys personally inspect every torch from your warehouse to make sure it is working properly?

I know you guys are a great company, but negative experiences tend to lead to negative associations. There is nothing more infuriating than receiving a faulty product and having to return it.

Edit: Grammar

lunas

Enlightened
i had a ti 2 for 3 days 1 day i was happy thought it was great on the second day i had it quit working on the 3rd day i sent it back got my money back. I had not dropped it the battery was still good it just quit working while i was using it. Nothing would bring it back so i elected not to get another one and got a fenix e05 in blue for double the price instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.