3D printed optics

PeterH

Newly Enlightened
http://3dprintingindustry.com/2015/02/26/luxexcels-transparent-3d-printing-service-made-public
LUXeXceL has previously won awards for its one-of-a-kind Printoptical 3D printing technology. With the ability to 3D print clear parts up to 20 mm in height, without the need for post-processing, LUXeXceL is the only company currently offering the ability to 3D print optical components. And, after establishing a 1,000 sqm mass optics printing facility in Kruiningen, the Netherlands last year, the Dutch company is now opening up its transparent parts printing service to the public.
I haven't looked into price, quality, or turn around time, but this looks like an interesting prospect for custom optics design.

jason 77

Enlightened
This looks like a really cool new service for people needing one or two custom optics. I took a quick glance at their website but could not see any pricing lists, but they do seem to use paypal as a payment method.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really cool. I wonder if we can use this to make triple TIR optics sized for domed XPL. That way we wouldn't lose 20% of the output like we do when filing out 20mm Carclo triple-TIR optics to make room for the XPL domes.