Convoy s4

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't have that exact one (I have an unbranded S3) but I have heard these are good hosts. Just be careful because this one has the openings in the head that look cool but allow dust and moisture to enter.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Pretty cool that you can get a kit like that , then choose what led/ driver you want .

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the S2.
And one more thing to note: other than S2, all other models seem to have problem fitting protected 18650...

djburkes

Enlightened
I just purchased that kit from fasttech. I also purchased a XM-L2 U3 1A LED and a Qlite Rev. A 7135*8 driver from mtnelectronics. You guys and gals have me addicted to flashlights. In the past couple of months I've purchased a Fenix LD60, a Zebralight SC62, and an Olight M2X-UT Javelot. I've decided to try to cut my spending down by building my own light, lol.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have that exact one (I have an unbranded S3) but I have heard these are good hosts. Just be careful because this one has the openings in the head that look cool but allow dust and moisture to enter.
That's not exactly true, there is an additional O-ring, so it deals fine if you aren't using it as a dive light that is.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have two of these. For the money the hosts aren't bad. A nice size and design although I'm not convinced as well built as other Convoys. I had to sand the glass lens down on one to make it fit in one of them and the bezel is sharp and doesn't fit flush. The tail cap also doesn't screw on fully to hide the O-ring on both of them. I like you get the clip with them and anodising and finish is a notch above common Ultrafires. But if you have other Convoys such as M1, M2, C8's S2's the S4 is a notch lower.

And yes non protected cells only.

As as for the ones from FastTech both where missing the brass pill and it was a PITA to resolve with the numnuts that work at FastTech. A shame as I had bought a lot from them but buy very little now. If I was to buy another I'd buy direct from Simon at Convoy Flashlights. He has an Aliexpress store or is member on BLF 'Convoy-Flashlights'. If you PM him he will take PayPal.

Also so if you just plan to fit an XM-L2 and stock Qlite then it might be worth just buying a complete one with the 8*7135 driver as the performance difference just isn't that different.

With my two I do run the Qlite driver but one is a Nichia219b and the other an XP-G2 NW.

djburkes

Enlightened
I have two of these. For the money the hosts aren't bad. A nice size and design although I'm not convinced as well built as other Convoys. I had to sand the glass lens down on one to make it fit in one of them and the bezel is sharp and doesn't fit flush. The tail cap also doesn't screw on fully to hide the O-ring on both of them. I like you get the clip with them and anodising and finish is a notch above common Ultrafires. But if you have other Convoys such as M1, M2, C8's S2's the S4 is a notch lower.

And yes non protected cells only.

As as for the ones from FastTech both where missing the brass pill and it was a PITA to resolve with the numnuts that work at FastTech. A shame as I had bought a lot from them but buy very little now. If I was to buy another I'd buy direct from Simon at Convoy Flashlights. He has an Aliexpress store or is member on BLF 'Convoy-Flashlights'. If you PM him he will take PayPal.

Also so if you just plan to fit an XM-L2 and stock Qlite then it might be worth just buying a complete one with the 8*7135 driver as the performance difference just isn't that different.

With my two I do run the Qlite driver but one is a Nichia219b and the other an XP-G2 NW.

Ugh!! Don't tell me that, I was going to order one of the newer C8 hosts with a smooth reflector but I liked the looks of the C4 a little better.

Latest posts