RIP Leonard Nimoy, actor, director, poet. Spock forever...

Toons

Newly Enlightened
Leonard Nimoy passes at age 83 from copd. He was an actor, director, poet, singer and photographer.
He will aways be known as the character Spock.
I used to watch reruns of the original series after school before going to my afternoon job.
I emulated his use of logic in many of my early life decisions.
It served me well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

G. Scott H.

Enlightened

Stream

Enlightened
As a long time Star Trek fan, I was truly saddened by this news. The eery thing for me is that I was watching a Star Trek marathon on Friday night, the same day he died. To know that Mr. Spock has left us for good feels strange.

He lived long and prospered, now may he rest in peace. He will be missed.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
LLAP

LLAP%20002_zpsxljdvxgb.jpg

Capolini

Banned
Star Trek aired from the 8th of September 1966 to the 3rd of June 1969. ~ 3 years

Around the time of its cancellation I remember my friend Scott[beam me up Scotty!] bringing a "Petition" around to sign in order to save the show!

It is amazing the impact it has and had with just Three seasons on air! :thumbsup:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is amazing the impact it has and had with just Three seasons on air! :thumbsup:

...and evil space aliens forced Kirk to kiss Uhura on national television! The horror!

(No outrage when Kirk boffs a green space alien, though. Apparently, that was ok so ke kept doing it.)

Old Leonard was a photographer, and many other things. He's made some seriously bizarre music videos.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, that was weird even if I saw that one some months back.

As a child, I watched Start Trek reruns every Saturday (or was it Sunday) mornings with my dad until noon. I didn't speak much English back then, but I did learn some words watching Star Trek... Maybe even more than I did watching Sesame street, ironically. I think that having an actual context helped rather than just throwing words on a dark background with a puppet walking closer and farther from the screen saying "near" ...... "far" for something that felt like ten boring minutes.

RIP Leonard.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
He was a class act, and he made it cool to be into science. I know at least one friend personally who was inspired to get into science because of his character on Star Trek, and there are many more including many NASA employees.

And if you haven't seen that funny car commercial starring Nimoy and Zachary Quinto, here it is.

RIP Mr. Nimoy.

Beam him up, Scotty.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's almost too much awesomeness in that commercial to take in all at once. :D Thanks for the link. :cool:

I loved the fact that I wanted Nimoy to win the race, and even though it looks like he's going to lose, he wins at the very last moment with a little surprise trick. Very well done! :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canadians have a very creative way to remember SPOCK! ;)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102479916?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

LOL They say people are defacing our money (which we often refer to as "Monopoly money" for obvious reasons), yet they deface our leaders by trying to make them look younger every new print to the point I had to look at the names to figure out if it was the same person on the bill.... Show them who's been defacing who, HA!

The show stopper :crackup: