Official HDS Hyper Red 2nd Run

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moved from Market Place

Since there has been some interest in another Hyper Red run from HDS, I thought I would organize a second group buy for folks who missed the first.

This is the deal...
Cost is $299
1. You can pick Rotary, Tactical, or Clicky.
2. You can pick flush or extended tail.
3. You can pick silver or black bezel.

I'll be collecting the money and giving it to Henry when we have 10 folks. I won't start collecting the funds until we have a verified 10. Once we do, it will take about 6 weeks for the lights to be made. I'll then pick them up from Henry and ship them. I'll ship at cost which is $5.80 for USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box for within the U.S. and International is $23.50 for the same Priority box.

Just to hit a few questions early, the super flood reflector will not be available for some time, so it can't be put in this run.

Post here if you would like to be included, and also email me at hogokansatsukan (that little symbol) gmail.com

PLEASE READ

PLEASE CHECK THE LIST BELOW TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS THERE FOR YOUR ORDER. MUCHO IMPORTANT!!!!
IF IT IS MESSED UP BELOW... YOUR ORDER WILL BE MESSED UP, SO PLEASE CHECK CAREFULLY.

January 30, 2015 Update
Looks as though it will be Monday that we will be delivering a "test" tube (sounds odd, I know) to the Cerakote company. I'm quite confident that they will be able to do a very good job, though Henry has never met them, so he is somewhat pessimistic (don't blame him considering all the other Cerakote folks he went through).
So, we are still at least a week out, probably 2, before we know if Cerakote on these is GO/NO GO. We have 11 including myself. There will certainly be time to decide while we figure out if the company in Tucson can do it to Henry's satisfaction. If it does work out and is a GO, then I will collect the money for Cerakoting at that time.
Henry will delivering the LEDs to the company in Tucson that puts them on the pills (they put together his pills as well) next week. I've already dropped them off at HDS.
Oh, and I'm going to try to convince Henry to have the sample tube done in Crimson, so a photo can be posted of it here.

AS OF MIDNIGHT TONIGHT ARIZONA TIME, NO MORE FOLKS CAN BE ADDED TO THE HYPER RED RUN. Sorry.

1. Hogo (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Black

2. Full Twisting (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Black
Universal Pocket Clip black

3. Kid9P
Clicky/Flush/Silver with 18650 clicky tube.

4. DeliveryD (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Black
Holster w/battery carrier

5. sledhead Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Black
Holster w/battery carrier

6. run4jc (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Extended/Black

7. Scout24 (Cerakote) Paid for Cerakote
Clicky/Extended/Black

8. Tic5911 (Cerakote) Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Silver

9. jonwkng (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Silver

10. d13avo
Rotary/Flush/Black
2x black leather HDS holsters with battery compartments at bottom one holster with a flap.

11. froggytaco (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Extended/undecided
ACME thread raised rubber button (tube shipped early)

12. Thud1023 (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Silver

13. RobertM
Rotary/Flush/Black

14. DaveSebring
Rotary/Flush/Black 18650 tube

15. Westfork (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Tactical/Extended/Black

16. boss429 (Cerakote) Crimson
Rotary/Flush/Black

17. quickster47 (Cerakote) Crimson Paid for Cerakote
Rotary/Flush/Silver

18. andyf
Rotary/Flush/Silver

19. gamblers4 (light sold to kmart356)
Rotary/Flush/Black

20. str8stroke
Rotary/extended/silver

*hombreluhrs Paid for Cerakote
Rotary, 123, Flush (Crimson) not Hyper Red but for 4000k run

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a few calls and emails to the Cerakote place here, I picked up Henry this morning and we drove over to look at the samples.
All samples were in Crimson.
There are a few things they will need to "tweak", but so far... so good.
They said they would have the next samples done on Monday (I'll be in "I knew I should have taken that left turn in Albuquerque") but we will meet with the Cerakote guys on Tuesday.
Starting to come together.

IMG_1456_zpsezk1lare.jpg

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it.

I could see legoing that bezel with a back bodied light & use a S/S bezel on that light!

nbp

Flashaholic
If you look in the Blue Kote thread Hogo says the button and such are there for koting but replaced for sale. They don't stay red.

maro69camaro

Newly Enlightened
A black button and bezel and it's smoking hot. Wish I would have got in on these. Great work guys.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing yet. I asked Henry last week if the pills have come back and he stated "no", so they are still at the place that puts the LEDs on the pills.
That seems to be the hold up in the group buy process as neither Henry nor I have any control over that aspect of it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMPORTANT

E-mails went out.
Cerakote is a go!
Also info regarding extended tubes is in the email.

Hogo

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel - awesome - YES, I am a GO for the crimson cerakote option. Paypal already sent for $80 (no fee) [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unique Transaction ID # 70U9824700378094F[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks again for setting this up!

[/FONT]