NiteCore EA41 Strobe malfunction - Need confirmation

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF Community & EA41 owners,

I need a confirmation from EA41 owners if this is normal or not for the flashlight.

I recently purchased a Nitecore EA41 from a seller on Amazon - Shipped from China. When I received the flashlight in the mail, I tried it out. On the Strobe function, the strobe is not continuous. It glitches every 8-10 seconds. I filmed it on video onto my YouTube Channel (Link below). I'm wondering if its normal or not for the strobe to glitch. My NiteCore SRT7 is normal - continuous strobe. I emailed the Seller, he said "the LED needs a rest to protect the LED Bead" on the EA41?? Huh?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSNmmQM4o_8

NiteCore EA41 Light Strobe faulty delay. The Delay can be seen each 5-8 second interval where the light emits a pause (slows down) before strobing again.

00:03, 00:08, 00:17, 00:23 , 00:26, 00:32, 00:38, 00:43, 00:48 etc.

Thanks,
Xiphex

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The strobe on the EA41, like on most Nitecore lights, is a combination of several different timing cycles and intensities. I believe the 'pauses' you are worried about are simply where the different cycles come together so they are all off at the same time. As far as I can see, nothing to worry about. I will check mine tonight just to make sure, and let everyone know if I see anything different.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
variable pulse duration. Watched your video and it looks fine to me. It looks like you have the 2015 version yes? This strobe is meant to be disorienting as possible.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
different lights different strobes. The EA41 is still a relatively new model. The SRT7 has been around a couple years now on top of the two lights being vastly different in form and function so it is no surprise the EA41 has the better(more disorienting)strobe. Nitecore, like most manufacturers have plenty of different programs, strobes, drivers etc to choose from.

ghosty

Newly Enlightened
I also have similar irregular intensity and timing of the strobe as well. Maybe it is really normal.
I don't really use strobe anyway :shrug:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, that video worked. lol I am pretty sure its by design. I have a few other lights that exhibit a similar "style" strobe effect. I like really like the one that ramps up and down too. I, unlike most folks, love strobe! I love it for various reasons.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally by design on the 2015 EA41. The strobe on the previous EA41 had a much more even strobe pattern.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
Hello Thread,
Thanks for the replies. Nitecore Facebook replied back to me. My EA41 is indeed faulty (Strobe does not strobe) :(
I contacted my Amazon.ca Reseller, he refunded me back half the purchased amount.

Last edited: