• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Delrin Spacers and Sleeves

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Our selection of battery sleeves and spacers...

For the first time, 34x18mm spacers, ideal for replacing 18350's:

And back by popular demand, 2x123 into 18650:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I have an 2AA to 2X18500, they are excellent, fit and finish is perfect.

Norm

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad the 18650 to CR123 sleeves are back in stock. I've looked for them a few times lately.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
fyi: AA sleeves - the new Duracell Rechargeable AA cells "Long Life ion core" are a snug fit in the sleeves. If I can't shake them out I use a unsharpened pencil as a ramrod. Only AA cells I have come across that were snug. I use the sleeves in my G2 and G3's. Love em.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3xCR123 to 2xAA sleeve in a 9P with a M31 and it is wonderful. Thanks for continuing to make these!

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Do you anticipate restocking the Delrin AA Battery Spacer + Sleeve (One 14500 AA cell into an 17650/17670)?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Do you anticipate restocking the Delrin AA Battery Spacer + Sleeve (One 14500 AA cell into an 17650/17670)?

They did not sell fast enough to qualify for automatic restock. Im making new 17mm spacers soon and can reconsider combo sets with the next batch.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I understand. The (classic) host bodies for the spacer + sleeve are getting harder to acquire. But they do make fantastic conversions with the right stuff if you prefer to move away from CR123s and the like for host bodies that we all may have.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
I agree the sleeves are great for AA non-rechargeable and std Eneloops. Unfortunately the Eneloop Pro don't fit. Is there any chance the next batch will accommodate these?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I agree the sleeves are great for AA non-rechargeable and std Eneloops. Unfortunately the Eneloop Pro don't fit. Is there any chance the next batch will accommodate these?
Perhaps. I'll see about getting samples.

In the mean time, 16mm wide spacers are ready to ship in three lengths:

5 - new size for special applications

Last edited:

ajl

Newly Enlightened
re: sleeves/spacers - my setup, Surefire Z2 with a spacer + sleeve (for a single AA), custom Z41 tailcap with Zerorez twisty. Had some operational problems with the tailcap in the AA setup. Put the tailcap in a Z2 with 2 CR123's (with a different light engine) and the tailcap worked fine. I compared the spacer/sleeve with two Surefire CR123's and it came up short by a bit (probably 2mm short). Which caused the operational problem with the custom tailcap, but not with Surefire's original tailcap. I guess the sleeve/spacer was cut to 65mm (as your webpage notes). I resolved the issue by putting a .47 inch diameter by .11 inch super magnet on the positive end of the AA battery (which insures the magnet will not create a electrical short when used with the sleeve). Everything works fine now in the Z2/spacer-sleeve/Custom Z41 tailcap with Zerorez twisty/AA battery.

By the way, your custom Z41 tailcaps are really nicely done.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
It may also be that the ZR disk is not fitting inside the sleeve, in which case making the sleeve shorter should also fix things up. Glad you like the knurling, we bought a knurl cutter just for the extenders and applied it here!

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see you have a Delrin Battery Spacer page on your Oveready website. But the 5mm shows as out of stock. When might these be back in stock?

I have a similar kind of spacer, and I'm looking to get a couple more. I'm assuming this is roughly equivalent:
Battery-spacer.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I see you have a Delrin Battery Spacer page on your Oveready website. But the 5mm shows as out of stock. When might these be back in stock?

I am waiting for those 5mm x 16mm spacers for my LeeF E-C...
Any update OR?

A new batch of spacers and sleeves is in production and should be ready next month. Included in this round will be more 5x16 spacers and new 5x18 spacers!

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
A new batch of spacers and sleeves is in production and should be ready next month. Included in this round will be more 5x16 spacers and new 5x18 spacers!
Great! Thanks for the update and will await for your follow-up next month. :)