Streamlight TLR-1 diffuser?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Streamlight TLR-1 and am wondering if anyone has figured out a simple solution for a diffuser. Would a Surefire F04-A diffuser for the newer 1.125" E series lights work?

Unfortunately my digital calipers are on the fritz so I can't measure the bezel diameter of the TLR-1.

Thanks!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
One last bump... I ordered some of Phaserburn's diffusion tape, and while it isn't a perfect solution, I suppose it'll have to do if nobody has any feedback on a quickly removable diffuser option.

I'd really rather not spend $25 on a F04-A unless someone here can confirm it works :thumbsup:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
No functioning calipers? You could trace with a pencil around your bezel on a sheet of paper and use a ruler?

I used to do this to cut gaskets for old motorcycles with no parts availability.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
No functioning calipers? You could trace with a pencil around your bezel on a sheet of paper and use a ruler?

I used to do this to cut gaskets for old motorcycles with no parts availability.

Wow, I'm ashamed I didn't think of that :ohgeez:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this weekend and report back.

edited to add: I just found a post on another forum where a user said his TLR measures 1.20", while his X300U measures 1.125". If that's the case, then the F04-A might just work on the TLR. Will measure this weekend and update the thread.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured 1 1/8 inches. I ordered the F04-A and will update the thread when I get it.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Seems like this thread would be worth watching. I find my Tlr1 to be very bright some times.