Help with SF A2 bulb.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I puchased an extra A2 bulb, and before it becomes a "have to" I need to figure out how to change the bulb. From the instructions I gather this comes apart at the bezel where the flats are. (Probably to allow for a wrench) I tried to unscrew this by hand, but was unable. Is it necessary to use a wrench on this, and is this infact correct? Any suggestions or tips before I attempt this?

JanCPF

Enlightened
Bravo25,

DON'T use a wrench. The flats on the bezel are for anti roll and the HA will probably wear off if you use a wrench. Try instead with a little heat from a hairdryer. Or perhaps put the light in the fridge for a while and then turn the light on until the bezel gets hot while the body is still cold. That might do the trick.

Jan

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I brought it in from the cold, and turned it on to let it warm up. I was then able to get it off. I thought I was going to twist the thing in half, but it finally broke free.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bravo25 said:
. . . how to change the bulb. From the instructions I gather this comes apart at the bezel where the flats are. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. I don't see why you have to disassemble the head, if that's what you mean. The lamp assembly should slide out of the head. It will be difficult, because it's a very tight fit. Pulling it out by grasping the small metal cap with your nails can cause the LA assembly to come apart, requiring a resoldering of the leads. This can be avoided by using needle nose pliers. Get a good hold on one of those four plastic nubs protruding through the holes in the ring. Pull gently and rock it. It should gradually work its way free.

Paul

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
i've had no problems by carefully easing out the lamp assembly with my finger nails. i haven't had to resort to pliers yet...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I've never had any trouble with my A2, either getting the bezel off or getting the lamp out. I have had lights with tight bezels, but I have never had to use heat.