Eagletac flashlight problem

Inspiron23

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I recently bought 2 Flashlights, and I'm having problems with both. One is a Eagletac SX25L3-G2 and the other an Eagletac G25LC2 Tactical. Both were bought new.
The issue is on both lights, when on maximum output, will automatically turn off after 30-60sec... And they wouldn't come back on unless you remove the battery and reinstall it. I thought the battery might be dead but I checked the voltage a few times and it read over 4.1 volts both times. Any idea what could be the problem here?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
good lord! Thats a new one on me and I have 6 Eagletacs. Off the top of my head what brand and capacity battery are you using?

Inspiron23

Newly Enlightened
Batteries are from radio shack, de world brand. (Digital energy world) 2000mah. I could probably peel one of the cells and check which cell it actually is. They are protected cells.
Thanks

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
dftly sounds like a battery issue. 2000mah Radio Shack? My goodness. Doesnt sound like you have enough capacity for one, secondly the cheap protection circuits could be tripping as the lights try to draw power above the batteries capability. The SX25L3's operating voltage range is 5.4v-19v. It sounds like the cheap cells you are using are just not capable of the needed current draw and the built in protection circuits are tripping.

I had the XM-L2 SX25L3 and ran it on 3400mah Nitecore cells. The light performed great but dftly requires more capacity than 2000mah cells. G25LC2? Do not see that model on the ET website did you mean G25C2 MkII? A good yet expensive way to make sure it is a battery issue is to go to any Lowes and buy 6 Surefire CR123's. These should easily power your SX25L3 as well as your other light. If this is the case then a set of name brand 3400mah cells are in order as per Eagletac. As per Eagletac any 18650 cell you use has to have a current limitation above 5 amps, it sounds like your Radio Shack cells do not.

Inspiron23

Newly Enlightened
G25lc2 tactical is one of the new models, it's 1200 lumens, so far I love those lights, their awesome. The problem only exists on turbo mode, I was thinking it was probably a cheap protecting chip that was cutting out cause of the high drain rate.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
after going over Eagletacs tech specs your SX25L3 should use no less than 2600mah high quality 18650's and 3400mah for optimal performance, same goes for your other light and yes the cell has to have an above 5 amp limit. Eagletac, Orbtronic and Keeppower 3400mah cells as well as the cheaper yet based on the same Panasonic cell Olight 3400mah 18650 from GoingGear are all highly recommended. Until then to drive your lights correctly the cheap 2 packs of Surefire CR123 cells that Lowes sells will keep you going. The Radio Shack cells you have just are not going to cut it. If it wasnt for that cheap protection circuit tripping you would be lucky to drive the light for 10 minutes or the cells would possibly catch fire.

Still not seeing a G25LC2 but then again ET doesnt exactly update their site when they should. If you go to Orbtronic or Keeppower and they have the 3600mah cells in stock jump on them before they sell out. Still the 3400mah cells have dropped a bit in price since the advent of the 3600mah Panasonic recently so....good luck. And those Radio Shack cells are a possible fire hazard get rid of them.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Soshine 3400mah 18650's are the best value if you can find them. I got 4 of them for under $25. So far they have performed perfectly in my TK75