Best 1watt LED

N710

Newly Enlightened
I have a L4 an am very happy with it.
I have been wondering what is the best 1 watt LED small light out there.

Yes I have looked at the ARC LSH,LSL series but here are my findings from the research I have done.

LSH-P 22-25 lumens for 2 hrs.
LSL,LSH standard-14-17 lumens for 2 hrs.
Streamlight TL-2 LED 22 lumens for 4 hrs.
Pelican M6 LED ? ?
Surefire KL1 on E2e-17 lumens for 4 hrs.

It seems to me that the TL-2 LED form Streamlight is a winner as it puts out as much light as an ARC P and runs twice a long on two 123's so its basically the same light in brightness and runs twice as long thanks to its extra battery. I do realize the ARC light is regulated but for $50 this seems the better option.

The TL-2 LED also beats the 2cell KL1 in brightness.

I havent seen the runtime and brightness of the Pelican M6 LED.

Another light I would like to know about is the new Princton Tech Impact XL. It looks promising, but is bigger than these other lights.

Any imput would be appreciated.

charliek

Enlightened
Princeton Tec XL is NO WHERE NEAR as bright as an Arc LSH-S
Not even close- it's *way* underdriven- more like the brightness of a CMG Reactor-1

Don't buy it- you WILL be disappointed.
(I know I was)

I EDC my Arc LSH- love it!
Tiny size- lots of light. Can't comapre it with a L4.... well at least until mine arrives on Thursday....

N710

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info on the XL, I will stick with my Attitude and Impact2 and not buy this light.

I also forgot to mention that I have a E1e.Does the LSH with its slight brightness increase and run time offer enough advantage over my E1e to warrant buying it?

How much brighter is the LSH,LSL over the E1e.I would rather have a LED-no bulbs to buy.

Also, is the ARC4 now avaliable and what is it ??

charliek

Enlightened
The Arc LSH is tiny- I don't think you can compare ANY luxeon to a Xenon (like the E1e)

All I can say is that buying the Arc LSH has given me "Luxeon Fever".... I used to carry my G2- it has more power than the Arc- it's also quite a bit larger, heavier, and uses batteries at a much higher rate. The Arc has more than enough output for what I need, and I barely notice I'm carrying anything. Every time I turn it on, it makes me smile.... what a nice light!- (Hey just have a look at my signature picture to the left)

Check the ARC forum for more info on the ARC4- it's still in testing, but it looks like it's going to be a winner.

Check out flashlight reviews for beamshots on all sorts of lights.

Kiu

Enlightened
Someone has said that the spec. of Impact XL is not acurrate. It is not that bright in fact.

How about the Madmax module bin Q2, Q3 dropin Maglite.
Among the lights that u mentioned, i vote for LSH-P.
or LSHF-P ?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Not to bash Arc or SureFire or any other lights, but the new LEDXTREME PREDATOR is a good candidate for this.
It's VERY bright, has a very beefy aluminum body, and it's regulated too.
It runs on 2 CR123A cells (batteries), and draws 700mA from them.

N710

Newly Enlightened
Just compared the lights on Quickbeams output/throw chart and the TL-2LED has more throw and output than the KL1,LSH P,badboy Q2 ect.

I think Im going to get it instead of a LSH,KL1 ect.

And I can buy two for the price of an LSH,LSL.

Thanks for your opinions.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
N710 said:
Just compared the lights on Quickbeams output/throw chart and the TL-2LED has more throw and output than the KL1,LSH P,badboy Q2 ect.
I think I going to get it instead of a LSH,KL1 ect.
And I can buy two for the price of an LSH,LSL.
Thanks for your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dare you to carry that in your pocket in church....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I realize that it is not in the "brightest" race, the KL1 module on a SF E1e is said to have a brightness and runtime of 16 lumens max output for 1.5 hours, followed by 8.5 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimal output.

I don't know what moderate and miminal output are in terms of lumens, but if it really does 16 lumens output for 1.5 hours, and lasts up to 50 hours, it would seem to be a small useful and relatively bright LED.

It is as bright as the E1 with the MNO1 lamp assembly which is said to be " SureFire MN01 xenon gas-filled lamp assembly with 15 lumens output for 90 minutes."
Above ratings are shown on Bulldog's site.
The E1e with MNO1 assembly is bright enough to do anything I can think of that I want to do, except compare brightness between lights.
Comments?

If one does not have any of the lights discussed, then the Streamlight TL2 LED seems to me to be the hands down winner at its price.

Jerry

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc LSH-P will kick the pants out of the KL1 on an E1e. The KL1 does not run as flat as the Arc does and the tint on all the KL1's I've seen are pathetic unless you love purple. If you're looking for the best brightness to size ratio, Arc wins hands down.

CM

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
it has to be the Arc LSH - quite superb and as it's so small you're likely to carry it all the time. mine is carried unobrusively in my trouser pocket securely attached to a belt loop with a SF laynard.... the laynard attachment on the SF Exec series is crappy by comparison so this would not work anywhere near so well with an E1e

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
Craig,
Can you provide a beamshot comparing the Predator to an Arc LS? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's see what I can do... be back shortly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, here's the comparison.

predvals.jpg

The Predator on the left, the Arc LSH-P on the right.
The picture rendered the Arc's beam more brownish than it is in reality. The Predator does have a whiter, cooler color, but not as much as the camera depicted.

Remember, the Predator overdrives its LED to about 3 watts, so of course it'll be brighter.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM, No doubt you are correct. I have not seen a KL1 module, and I don't think I would like a purple beam.

I won't argue the which is the brightest question, because I have never seen any of the lights in question. In other words I am ignorant of the specifics.

However, cost is always a consideration when I buy something. As I look at the cost of the Arc lights there is nothing they could do that would make any flashlight worth $149 to me with the availability of so many good lights.

I don't have a quarrel with anyone who does this for a hobby, and does spend that kind of money for a flashlight. I have some hobbies, hunting and fishing, that require a lot more money for the toys than any flashlight. I understand hobbies, and the expense associated with them. I am enjoying this forum, and have already bought more flashlights than I would have anticipated.
I already have a SF E1e and E2e, and I thought that maybe the L1 module would be a useful thing, but maybe it is not. I would like to see one, but probably won't because I don't know anyone who is interested in such things.

Now, considering the cost of the lights, and the brightness, I still think that the Streamlight TL2 LED is the only one I might consider. It is rated as bright or brighter than the ARC and is a lot cheaper; $59.00 vs $149.00. Maybe the Arc that I saw on the site is the more expensive one. I have trouble with the Arc site because all I see is black and buy in most cases so I may be missing something.

The Streamlights I have are good lights, and while the Arc might be better, again I have to say I would not spend that amount for a flashlight. At least for now.

Actually with the cost of $59.00 for the TL2LE, it is not that much more than the KL1 module. and throws more light.

Jerry

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
JerryM:

Consider the Pelican M6 LED. http://www.pelican.com/new_products/trade.html
Recently released - not widely available yet. Not a whole lot of data available, but preliminary reports are favorable. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement that The Battery Station (a CPF Banner sponsor) has gotten them in. These have a "clickie" switch, as opposed to a "tactical" switch on the TL2.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless,

I too am interested inthe Pelican M6 LED. I have the PM6 incad. and it is all that I need and more as far as a bright and long throw light goes.
I think the price of the Pelican LED will be reasonable, but I don't know how it will compare in brightness with the Streamlight TL2.

I don't doubt that the quality of the Arc and Surefire are tops, and better than Streamlight, but I am perfectly satisfied with the TT1L and the TT2L that I have as well as the PM6.

Jerry

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
JerryM

The KL1 head will disappoint you, the KL4 head will make you say WOW!

GregR