Just had a "flashaholic moment"

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had a \"flashaholic moment\"

I just had my first true flashaholic moment and it was great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Went to view a house with a friend, being winter time it was already dark out and when the estate agent let us into the property we found the power had been cut off.

Now picture the scene, the estate agent pulls out her little black MiniMag (was hard to even navigate around the house with the nasty, dull yellow beam)

Then (this is the good part) I pull out my identical looking black MiniMag (complete with 3watt Madmax module) and light up the entire house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

The estate agent muttered something about how her MiniMag must be faulty as she <and I quote> "didn't know they were supposed to be that bright" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't have the heart to tell her... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Just had a

awwww
you should've told her! could've been the straw that broke the camel's back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

do you ever sorta, feel bad for ppl who use those inferior flashlights? *lol* i do.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent!

Just the thing to bring a smile to a flashaholic's face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Just had a \"flashaholic moment\"

I too had one of those moments last year. It's nice to be able to justify your addiction in public once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

EXCELLENT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

It IS amazing how much more [overall] light modded flashlights put out over store purchased flashlights.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL, you should have told her maybe she should return hers and get another one that's not defective.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened

i also had a very similar experience in work this morning. on arrival i found that the power was down due to some faulty wiring

the electrician and a colleague were checking out an electrical cupboard with the very same sickly yellow minimags...

i lit up my Arc LSHF and uttered the immortal words - "that's not a flashlight..."

they were suitably impressed as the miniscule Arc produced a wall of brilliant white light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

x-ray -

That was extra cool because it was MM vs MM.

Sometimes I don't have the heart to tell people either. Very recently I was at the coffee store and saw a set of keys with a solitair on it. It turned out they belonged to to my favorite worker. She's about my age and very nice. Being a stone cold knock-out has nothing to do with it...well, maybe a little. I showed her my ARC AAA and she liked it. She went to turn hers on and it was orange. She said "I guess I need new batteries." I told her to twist the head back and forth a couple of times and sure enough it brightened right up. I will never suggest a mod for that light even though I want to. She has a special attachment it. She did tell me she recently got a blue LED keychain light for around the house and really likes it.

Now, in the case of sideshowandy's story...that's an electrician. That's a target.

Cool story x-ray.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened

Icebreak - apart from wanting to show off the LSHF i was actually quite concerned as the minimag was just so weak that i considered it to be quite dangerous to be inspecting the electrical cupboard (where there was a cable burning up) with inadequate light.

the beautiful white light from the LSHF was just so much safer to work with in comparison to an inferior quality incan with its weak yellow glow

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

sideshowandy -

Sounds like you had the right light to solve more than one safety issue. Good going.

scuba

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
x-ray said:
Then (this is the good part) I pull out my identical looking black MiniMag (complete with 3watt Madmax module) and light up the entire house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I don't seem to be able to find that particular module on their website. Could anyone help me please?

Fantastic story! Makes my day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

scuba, I think the sandwich shoppe is currently out of stock of 3watt LS modules.