AA Mag-lite Metal Reflector

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
never seen one, there are few small aluminum reflectors on the market that may fit, ot made (either reflector or light itself) to fit mini mag, but a replecment reflector that fits, the way C and D mag have, i'm not aware such exists

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a metal reflector out there for the 2xAA maglite ?
Aurora made incan kit for MiniM*g including aluminum reflector, glass lens and high temp bi-pin socket to use TL-3 bulb using pair of 14500 or Strion bulb with single 14670 in cut down body.
This was back in 2004 and you may find one in BST of custom light.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you going for a hot incan setup, I doubt you'd need or indeed notice the difference an aluminium reflector would offer. Personally I see no problem at all with a plastic one, the shiny side of it is a coating, just as aluminium reflectors are also coated.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Aurora made incan kit for MiniM*g including aluminum reflector, glass lens and high temp bi-pin socket to use TL-3 bulb using pair of 14500 or Strion bulb with single 14670 in cut down body.
This was back in 2004 and you may find one in BST of custom light.
That is Rad! I like that setup

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
You can bore the head to take a mcR reflector like fivemega did to the 14650 mini mags he is selling

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some Carclo triple optics that actually fit in the minimag head, but you'll have to do something for the star and room for a driver.

I have a half-finished minimag mod with a triple nichia 219 and triple carclo. It was going to be resistor DD, 14500 + 1 spacer.

Mr N, how hot were you planning on running?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
You can bore the head to take a mcR reflector like fivemega did to the 14650 mini mags he is selling

I bought some Carclo triple optics that actually fit in the minimag head, but you'll have to do something for the star and room for a driver.

I have a half-finished minimag mod with a triple nichia 219 and triple carclo. It was going to be resistor DD, 14500 + 1 spacer.

Mr N, how hot were you planning on running?
Find my recent minimag thread. I already modded a MM and I want a metal reflector because it is just cool but maybe ill pass on one after what I did to a plastic reflector.