Made from paper clip
Tools used: drill , metal file
Time: few days - thinking, 1 hour - making [can be done in 15-30 minutes]

Anybody interested?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
why not unscrew the head a bit? i have not tried this but it has been rumored to work

[/ QUOTE ]

It works. Just unscrew the bezel of a G2 two full turns, and with the tailcap in any position (even tightly screwed in) the G2 will not turn on. FWIW, it takes four full turns to remove the bezel of a G2, so it is still relatively secure.

-Keith

gadgetboy

Newly Enlightened
It sure did work! Dude that's awesome. I never thought of that. I just tried unscrewing the bezel on mine and it only took about 1 1/3 turns to "lock out" the light. That was one of the only issues I had with the G2. That's why I like this place. Sweet...

kozi

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
why not unscrew the head a bit? i have not tried this but it has been rumored to work

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny this works
I did this because i wanted full funcionality like in my e1e [all is done in half tail cap turn - from constant on to lock out] and second advantage: all parts stay in tail cap during battery changing

kozi

Newly Enlightened
ok , let's try

The idea is to modify G2 tail cap to let it move forward only few [1-3] millimeters like in original LOTC.

All [1] parts can be found in every home i.e. paper clip
Tools: drill [best with revolutions control] and drill bit [1-2 mm] (I broke 3 bits but that was my fault;), metal file, vise [I hope it means what I think about]

q1.jpg

Cut paper clip to the length of thread of the screw in tail cap [it can't be too thick or too thin!] and round both end with metal file. Check if You can screw it into the cap.

q2.jpg

Drill oval hole [see picture - it isn't quite oval yet,must be 1mm more in the other direction than spring ]
Forgive me poor quality of this hole, I didn't have proper tools /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

q3.jpg

Screw all into tail cap [first turn is important and a bit difficult - rest of the paper clip can help] to the end and ... try it

Now I'm thinking about marks on tail cap and flashlight [ don't want to cut but drill maybe?]

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking threw this it might really work - getting tools ready - more later - Thanks Kozi and Wellcome to CPF - nice entry !

WORKS nicely - broke one drill too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Finally my 2 spare G2s are put in the trunks of the cars - I always felt this not to be as smart with them possibly activating by accident - and having to turn them at the head and the tailcap always seemed too goofy to me for this placement - while being the only reliablle one besides the IMO too expensive Kroll-sleeve or the not-as-foolproof Kroll with aluminum foil mods. So finally those G2s are what they should have been in the first place - THANKS.

Klaus

kozi

Newly Enlightened
small update: I'm not quite sure if this mod make tailcap more expose to water so if You thinking about dive with your G2 fill space under spring with glue to make it water tight and drill the hole again