D25a clicky in AAA

Berneck1

Enlightened
I was curious if anyone would be interested in a rear clicky AAA that's like the Eagletac D25a clicky. My favorite AA light is the D25a clicky. I often wonder why there are no lights like this in AAA. They are all either twisty lights or the rear click lights don't have a recessed button. An AAA version of the D25a clicky would be awesome IMO. Just the exact same light only smaller, same UI, etc. Does anybody else feel the same?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I have an AAA in stainless with recessed button,not bad value at all,can buy clips for it too(in middle)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?384875-DQG-xp-g2-R51A-mini-AAA-light

3 mode UI ,no blinkies...........

On my work keys i have the AAA tool

Yes not recessed but required adequate pressure,so not easy to accidentally turn on. Its in pockets with keys,constantly "jingled" about and been issue free..............even the ano seems to be holding up................a lot more than can be said for the i3s as one example.

So not exactly what you want,however i find the ones more than up to my requirements..........maybe up to some of yours;)

Berneck1

Enlightened
That's a nice little light. However, what I really like about the D25a is the UI. I can get to turbo, firefly and strobe all from the off position. It would be great if I could find an AAA light just like it. Also, the D25a is one of the smallest rear-clicky AA lights I have ever come across. Again, can't help but think they would do a great job in an AAA light. I'm not a fan of the current D25aaa...

recDNA

Flashaholic
That's a nice little light. However, what I really like about the D25a is the UI. I can get to turbo, firefly and strobe all from the off position. It would be great if I could find an AAA light just like it. Also, the D25a is one of the smallest rear-clicky AA lights I have ever come across. Again, can't help but think they would do a great job in an AAA light. I'm not a fan of the current D25aaa...

I agree. I usually want either turbo or firefly. Eagletac ui allows that. I would prefer disco modes hidden but even as is I would buy a D25AAA clicky. For years I had a thread running looking for a single mode AAA clicky with keyring hole, no clip or removable clip, and a single mode over 80 lumens. I'm not interested in lights that do not have a USA dealer. I never found one. When fumbling in the dark I just want to click and have it come on at brightest setting. I don't want to accidentally activate strobe. I never need it on for long so runtime and heat not a worry.

Berneck1

Enlightened
I agree. I usually want either turbo or firefly. Eagletac ui allows that. I would prefer disco modes hidden but even as is I would buy a D25AAA clicky. For years I had a thread running looking for a single mode AAA clicky with keyring hole, no clip or removable clip, and a single mode over 80 lumens. I'm not interested in lights that do not have a USA dealer. I never found one. When fumbling in the dark I just want to click and have it come on at brightest setting. I don't want to accidentally activate strobe. I never need it on for long so runtime and heat not a worry.

Yeah, I always want my lights to be able to turn on in the highest mode. A lot of twisty lights start at the lowest. Being able to predetermine the mode before you turn it on is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
To specifically answer your question as to why there are so few is because a AAA light is designed to be small. That's the selling point of a AAA light. Putting a forward-clicky in the tailcap increases the size to the point it is almost as big as an AA, but the AAA has less than half the cell capacity.

The AA cell length is 50mm.
The AAA cell length is 44mm.

Eagletac did a great job with the D25A.
All things considered, the AAA version would be 6mm shorter, 1/4 of an inch.
Imagine if it was only available as an AAA version.
Everyone would be like "Just 1/4 inch longer it could have used an AA with more than twice the cell capacity!"

L3 Illumination L10 is a good AA light.

Here is the comparison pic of the L08 AAA next to the L10 AA.

L08044.jpg

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
But the AAA is lighter so still better for a keychain. An electronic clicky on the side could shorten it.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
To specifically answer your question as to why there are so few is because a AAA light is designed to be small. That's the selling point of a AAA light. Putting a forward-clicky in the tailcap increases the size to the point it is almost as big as an AA, but the AAA has less than half the cell capacity.

Not to mention the changes to the driver to squeeze it all into a smaller diameter. With L3 L08, I believe the driver was exactly the same so the performance with an AAA was rather limited.

edit: I think the 7 flashing modes in the AAA is a bit ridiculous

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I have an AAA in stainless with recessed button,not bad value at all,can buy clips for it too(in middle)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?384875-DQG-xp-g2-R51A-mini-AAA-light

3 mode UI ,no blinkies...........

On my work keys i have the AAA tool

Yes not recessed but required adequate pressure,so not easy to accidentally turn on. Its in pockets with keys,constantly "jingled" about and been issue free..............even the ano seems to be holding up................a lot more than can be said for the i3s as one example.

So not exactly what you want,however i find the ones more than up to my requirements..........maybe up to some of yours;)
Hi! Couldn't help but notice the E05ss clip. Is that oem? If not, may I ask where you got it from?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Not to mention the changes to the driver to squeeze it all into a smaller diameter. With L3 L08, I believe the driver was exactly the same so the performance with an AAA was rather limited.

edit: I think the 7 flashing modes in the AAA is a bit ridiculous
Like I said. I prefer high only so no problem!

ven

Flashaholic
Hi! Couldn't help but notice the E05ss clip. Is that oem? If not, may I ask where you got it from?

Hi there HaileStorm,i ordered 2 clips from CN goods a while back,originally one for the AAA clicky in pic as a 3 mode recommendation,the spare JUST fitted on the e05ss(same clips) However,it would move up from light body,i used a dab of super glue behind(as i have on pd35) and never budged since.

As i can link,i will put item for cnqualitygoods

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif, 宋体]CNQ001891[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif, 宋体]Will pm link too just in case,but will require a dab of glue to fully secure. If can for the money,order at least a couple as they do come in handy for purchases not yet planned[/FONT];)

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Ven,

Jus saw this post now. Thanks very much for the info! Im going to try and look for one over in hk as i'll be flying there tom. Im just afraid i might end up buying a new light instead 😁