Did Armytek change machining on the Predator Pro v2.5?

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 (before they went out-of-production) from a reputable dealer. I noticed my example looks distinctly different from most images I've seen of it online.
Mine:
nq3rta4.jpg

Selfbuilt's:
Predator033.jpg

The head is more angular, there are no more cut-outs on the tailcap and on the sides of the battery tube.

So far the light is behaving according to spec. I don't expect it to be a fake, but wanted to know if other people had this new shape as well.

kj2

Flashaholic
Had the same question when I received mine. Shortly before they changed the design.

1zodc8i.jpg

Predator Green led on top. Predator Pro V2.5 at the bottom. The Predator Green led, is bought end last year.

Last edited:

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Had the same question when I received mine. Shortly before they changed the design.

Good to see someone else have the same design (I suppose), although, odds are we got it from the same dealer.
I don't think it's a forgery because why on earth would they go through the trouble of recreating Armytek's programmable UI and not create a perfect physical match. The none pro versions would be easier to fake. And so far it's behaving according to spec, and DANG:twothumbs what a spec that is with the Predator.

kj2

Flashaholic
Ordered my Predator Pro V2.5 at ledscherp. But my Predator Green led at, my local seller, KnivesandTools.

Last edited:

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I never checked the design of the green Predator on K&T; always assumed they would look the same. Looks exactly like mine.

Last edited:

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Did your light already show some wear on the contacts in the head when you got it?
I like the new design as well. More mass and better heatsinking.

kj2

Flashaholic
Nope, it clearly wasn't used. Although my Wizard, did had some dust on it. Probably happened during packaging.

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
I bought my Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 last year from Ledscherp.nl and I also have the new design. I had the same question. The friendly guy at Ledscherp confirmed that it was not fake but a new design. I really love the light !