Updated info on the Strategos lights...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taken from: Strategos light thread update
---------------------------------------------------------
Again we are starting off with a chunk we can manage. As soon as we get a foothold....Watch out. We are going to need help from our friends to get there.

I have the unanodized pics on my desktop.....really nice!!! I for one am stoked on how they turned out.

Basic specs: 1" dia body made of T-6 / 6061 Aluminum Heated treated – Tensile Strength = 45,000 psi tensile strength *, Hard ano in Black and OD, 6-volts, 95 lumens, 1-hour runtime, waterproof, momentary/Clickable switch, lanyard attachment system.

The bezel is the same size as our friendly neighborhood competitor so if you have one of their holsters or filters, you will be good to go.

9-volts will be in the 170 lumens range.

We will also be jumping up the reflectors sizes for weapon mounted systems.
We also might swell the body to 30 mm to accommodate ARMS #22 scope rings so that users do not have to purchase the #37 ring reducers. We will see.

* T# refers to the type of heat treatment and the higher the number after the T the hard and stronger the substance. The 4 digit number after that is the type of aluminum that is being heat treated. Some of our friends use the 6061 aluminum as well. The 7075 is truly an aircraft aluminum and the tensile strength of 7075 is approaching that of cold rolled steel which is truly Aerospace strength used in the aero space industry.

T-6 / 6061 Aluminum = Heated treated – Tensile Strength = 45,000 psi tensile strength

T-3 / 2024 Aluminum = Heat treated – Tensile Strength = 72,000 psi tensile strength

T-6 / 7075 Aluminum = Heat treated – Tensile Strength = 83,000 psi tensile strength

Ken J. Good
http://www.strategosintl.com

--dan