• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom made knife with sheath - No Longer Available

Samlittle

Enlightened
Custom made knife with sheath

A custom made knife in O1 steel by Jack O'Neill with a nice overall patina and a hand made leather sheath.

Jack O'Neill is a Washington state knife maker with more than 20 years experience - a skilled, well respected craftsman and nice guy too.

I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER of this knife.

This has been a very sparingly used kitchen knife. Well cared for and kept sharp. It is really nicely sized for woodscraft/hunting/camping and the like.

As it is my wife prefers thin blade Japanese knives and this one never got much use unless I did the cooking and to the relief of my family - that wasn't very often.

Nonetheless, it started to develop stains on the blade from food prep so I upped the patina artificially for a nice overall color. Could just as easily be buffed to shiny if that's what you prefer.

I never intended to use it for other than kitchen use and so the sheath is not original to the knife. It is a horizontal carry (cross draw) sheath that fits this knife and holds it securely. The belt loop will fit up to a 2" belt.

The makers mark is still legible through the patina when holding the knife in your hand though not so much in the photo.

THIS KNIFE FEATURES

* Flat ground blade in O1 steel hardened to RC-59 3/16"
thick at the full tang.

* Coco Bolo handle with SS pins

* Measures 9" overall length with a 4-3/16" blade x 1-3/16"
tall diminishing to the point

More photos or info available upon request.

Thanks for looking.

PRICE INCLUDES PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING TO ALL US ADDRESSES. Sorry - no out of US sales.

List Date: 3/17/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Custom made knife with sheath
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

Samlittle

Enlightened
Re: Custom made knife with sheath

Don't know why this is languishing. It is an excellent knife by a well respected maker with a great leather sheath.

I'll happily consider reasonable offers. Send a PM to discuss. (No offers here in the thread please.)

Thanks ~ Sam

mellowhead

Enlightened
Re: Custom made knife with sheath

That does look like a very nice knife. Gorgeous looking handle on it; looks to be very comfortable for food/kitchen work.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a knife right now.

Latest posts