Olight, whats up with their service dept???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robstorch

Newly Enlightened
I sent in a small Olight Keychain I3 light over 6 weeks ago for a warranty repair...Contacted them twice. Same story, we are moving our service department we will get to your repair when we can. Not sure what country they moved the repair center to...
It also tells me they have a LOT of repair work to do..
I need a new AAA keychain light guess I will try Fenix.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
used to be in California and is now moving to Georgia(?). Not sure about the Georgia part just know that they are moving to the south so yes this is actually happening

Robstorch

Newly Enlightened
I just checked and you are correct. They have moved to Smyrna Georgia. That is about 10 minutes from my house!
Now if they would just fix my light! Maybe I should go there in person to find it.

Berneck1

Enlightened
That's awful. That light is so inexpensive they should just send you a new one. It will cost them more to repair it!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hi Rob,

I apologize about the delay. We are currently in the process of switching warranty facilities like you said. We have also just had the Chinese New Year which has made repairs take longer as well. We are just now getting settled into our new facility in Georgia and are currently processing repairs quickly now that we are here. Thank you for your patience. Please send me an email at [email protected] with your personal information so that I can give you an update on your Olight.

Thanks,

Olight Support

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
:huh: Olight has a service center here in the US...my next light will likely be an Olight then. In addition to quality and logical design, easily accessible top-notch CS is a hard to resist selling point.

Hoop

Enlightened
I sent an email once possibly twice to them to try to get a couple of replacement parts for my SR-90 and was not replied to but I probably should have tried calling. Edit: this was not very recent.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
..the move from Cali to Smyrna has gotta be taking awhile and must be a logistical nightmare Im sure they will be back asap

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
their customer service sucks beyond belief. waiting 3 month for my Intimidator mini. Their product is garbage. I've only used it several times and it's busted. Only flashlight in my large collection to fail. I still have a surefire from 10 years ago that I abuse and it works like a champ.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I had to use olight customer service, it was top notch, no issues at all. Hope they just get settled in and all back to normal running.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Hi Rob,

I apologize about the delay. We are currently in the process of switching warranty facilities like you said. We have also just had the Chinese New Year which has made repairs take longer as well. We are just now getting settled into our new facility in Georgia and are currently processing repairs quickly now that we are here. Thank you for your patience. Please send me an email at [email protected] with your personal information so that I can give you an update on your Olight.

Thanks,

Olight Support

Well, guys, there is your answer ^^ so they apparently are working on it. Moving isn't an easy chore for any business.

celler

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid Olight warranty support has fallen into a black hole. No one answers the phone, the voicemail box is full. No one responds to emails. I have had an M30 there for repair since July and that was supposedly back in the states in November and now its apparently lost. But no one will tell me anything for the last two months. I love my Olights, but unless Olight can get its warranty service back in shape, I'm afraid I have purchased my last.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow this is discouraging to hear! My 4 Olights are some of the best lights I have, I do know that Olight admits to having at least a 30 day turn around time out of their US warranty dpt let alone their Chinese one. Keep us posted....

johnjr

Newly Enlightened
What customer service I sent my pristine S15 High Polished in the jewelry box to them back in February because it quit working and after 3 months they send me a replacement that looks like it was dragged down the road so I emailed and called and finally get them on the phone and they tell me my light was never sent back to China to be repaired and they would get back to me and they would let me know when it was returned, well I finally got someone to answer the phone and was told he would call me and let me know what they can do and still no call back....WTF I didn't lose my light they did and the only thing they tell me is that my light is not made anymore so I guess it's just to bad for me huh...I have over 60 lights and at least a dozen of them are Olights but after this experience I can promise you never again, and this **** and bull story about them moving how long can someone get away with that after over 8 months no answers.....

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange enough. Once upon a time I had a S15R that rendered inoperable in several minutes upon arrival (of course, QC could pass it as no one would check for several minutes every light having hundreds of them). I have sent them a problem description and a link to YouTube video exposing the malfunction. They asked for serial number and sent me a replacement -- S10R II (S15R has been discontinued already). Was very nice of them.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow the Olight saga continues. For those in the know about how Fd Olight got by a large overseas retailer that never paid them for a massive shipment this kind of all goes back to that. Olight appears to still be flooded with warranty work both in Smyrna and China.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I've been gifting their little AAA lights for a few years, given away at least 100, everyone loves them. They used to be ITP. They got better when Olight took them over. I had about a half dozen that never worked. I kept them for parts. The packaging and quality has varied WILDLY over the years.

tony2010

Newly Enlightened
thats what sux about getting these lights, repairs have to go back to the canton province of china. If not, you pay big bux for Surefire's.

Status
Not open for further replies.