Nitecore EC11 Review

SPIRITJCC98

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, Just curious if anyone has performed a review on a Nitecore EC11 yet? I have performed searches on the forums but have not found any reviews on it yet. If I completely missed it and there is a review I apologize in advance.

Thanks,
John

kj75

Enlightened
Hi all, Just curious if anyone has performed a review on a Nitecore EC11 yet? I have performed searches on the forums but have not found any reviews on it yet. If I completely missed it and there is a review I apologize in advance.

Thanks,
John

Because it isn't released yet. ;) Can't find it on Nitecore's homepage too, only at some dealers (pre-order)

MandM

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine in the mail this past weekend. First impressions: It's tiny and bright bright bright (using 18350). Build quality is good. They give you a nice holster (though I wonder about the durability, material seems thin.) There needs to be a level somewhere between the ultra-low of 1 lumen and the next level which is 70 lumens. (30-40 lumens would be nice.) On Max it gets hot quickly. Very quickly. The secondary red light is useful, but due to it's location in the reflector, the beam pattern is... odd to say the least. The strobe modes are nice,(especially the beacon and SOS) though I'm hoping they don't get much use. So far, it's fighting for the daily spot in my pocket with my ArmyTek Tiara C1v2 with no clear winner yet.

SPIRITJCC98

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info on that. I have an EC1 that I gave my wife and really miss it. I was excited to see a new updated version come out and will most likely get one. Where did you get yours and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I currently have 3 Nitecores and like them all.

MandM

Newly Enlightened
I pre-ordered it back in February from batteryjunction. ($60)

RBWNY

Enlightened
There needs to be a level somewhere between the ultra-low of 1 lumen and the next level which is 70 lumens. (30-40 lumens would be nice.)

I got one recently too, and yes low mode after ultra-low is a bit of a jolt! The only way that improves slightly is to run it on a primary, where low isn't quite as bright...but it struggles on turbo, and doesn't get much brighter than high mode.