should i buy a TM06? price is really good today at battery junction.

Newly Enlightened
so I got a discount code from batteryjunction.com

they are discounting all their TM series lights and I had been looking at the TM06 before. as of late I was reading reviews and I am not sure I want the light anymore. there seems to be some negatives that may turn me away but the price seems really good though.

for me I love ring adjustments and I hate one button adjustments for brightness.

so the negatives for me is:
rear buttons.
no ring control.
the lock out for battery saving doesn't work on this model.

did i mention the price is really good and free shipping. the price is good till the end of today.
$119 shipped and with a pocket key chain light for free.

so what do you guys recommend?
buy it or no?
go for another TM model instead?
scrap the idea of buying anything?

... and why?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I like the tm06 a lot,the UI is quite good,way you can full press to advance,1/2 press to go back a mode. Its a solid little light,only thing to be aware of is leaving it in standby for any duration due to it using 2 cells out of the 4. It will cause 2 cells to drop V more than the other 2 that are not in the stand by circuit. So if locked out fully its no issue.......

imho $119 is a steal..........
Next to the tm15

srminivn

Admittedly mine is modded so saying how awesome the output is is n/a along with the perfect u3 cool tint. But if not happy(no reason not to be)you could have leds swapped at later date and current bump for what your getting it at.

Either way,i would snap one up,for the money and output,its hard to beat from a branded light ............It does throw well and flood awesome for the shallow/small reflectors,pretty amazing for its size imho.

Not sure on your budget,but the tm26 is a strong alternative(for a good popular light) ,however no doubt more expensive and has oled display.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TM06 is a nice small BRIGHT light.

The light does need to be physically locked out when not in use. A simple turn of the tail cap takes care of the parasitic drain on the batteries.

The TM26 mentioned by Ven is also a very good light. However if you were to decide on the TM26, go over to Illumination Supply as once you register for an account with them, the price on the light is $199 verses the $390 minus $156 (the 40% at Battery Junction). The savings will pay for a set of batteries.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have been eyeing the TM06, especially at today's price. If I didn't already have a TM11 (that I paid $170 for and that was a steal), I would be snapping one up. It sound like a nice little light, but I can't justify two Tiny Monsters on my budget. Oh well. Too bad they didn't offer this before Christmas when I was ordering my EA8.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great price, and anyone who is interested should snap it up at this price.

I could have gotten this item during Christmas/New Year, when it was recently released, when GoingGear was offering it at deep discount, but I decided to wait for Selfbuilts review to appear before buying it. When that review did appear, the sale was over. I went for the Eagtac SX25L3 instead, because Selfbuilts review was extant. I am tempted to jump on this now, but Selfbuilt shows this item at (relatively) much closer to the lumen output of the SX25L3 than speced.

Thanks for the heads up, and yes, if you are interested, now is the time to buy at this discounted price.

Last edited:

Latest posts