eBay question about refunds?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
to make this short sold something electronic and i believe the buyer tried to pull a bait and switcharoo on me. I tried to work with buyer and help out with what exactly was going on with the item, I submitted photos of the item condition and working before shipment and the buyer just kept saying "display no work" than today said whole unit doesn't work and escalated to eBay.

I got this from eBay:

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of $24.00 without any impact to you. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.
s.gif
This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

Does that mean they payed and nothing will be charged from me? This is confusing, I want the item back to examine it and find out what happened as i have wrote down every # and letter inside the unite when I purchased new for automotive insurance purposes.

EDIT

looks like ebay went ahead and payed him his money and did not charge me. Good, what a shmuck.Sure it was only $24 but cmon I have over 500+ selling feedback's why would I ruin that awesome streak eh?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure that this is part of the Ebay "Money Back Guarentee". I think that they probably make some "mark" on your sellers file that only they can see. I would guess if someone got too many of these then they would likely terminate your selling privileges.

I hear about this all the time with people who sell Ham Radio gear. They also send back swapped parts claiming what you sent was DOA. Then you have to refund them and you loose both ways. Just google this scam.

I guess as long as it didn't hit you financially, its ok? But still lame on the buyer.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't done it yet, make sure to put that buyer on your blocked bidder list. You ought to see how many are on mine...if I even get the slightest feeling that a potential buyer is going to turn out to be a pain, dishonest, difficult, etc. they go straight on my blocked buyer list so they can't cause problems later. Comes in VERY handy...

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
If you haven't done it yet, make sure to put that buyer on your blocked bidder list. You ought to see how many are on mine...if I even get the slightest feeling that a potential buyer is going to turn out to be a pain, dishonest, difficult, etc. they go straight on my blocked buyer list so they can't cause problems later. Comes in VERY handy...
Yes sir. One step ahead. Did that after the case got escalated.