Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Gotta say now that CPFAQ is offline, I do miss the stories & tips told by outdoor adventurers.
That, plus all the cool photos & other stuff shared.

Since there is a relatively new CPF format now & it's Spring,, Why not give it a go..:wave:

also, I wont start so many threads --lol

nbp

Flashaholic
+ 1.

If a CPFEDCAQ area is opened at some point, could we open up the old one for a bit, even as read only? There's some threads that would be nice to copy and move over. Thanks for considering.

Greta

Flashaholic
This is on my list of things I want to do here. But I'll be honest... it won't be today. ;) Today being the first day of Spring, it is also Honey's and my 33rd Anniversary. I'm getting a new tattoo and Honey is getting off the hook for a gift by letting me get a new tattoo... :p (I got him a pair of Blade Runner Whiskey Glasses and a bottle of Jameson Special Reserve - :sssh:)

It will take some "organizing" to figure out how to properly integrate what will end up being a whole new category - but I have some ideas rattling around in my head. We'll get it though - and then I'll tag you two to be moderators... ;) :poke:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a great anniversary! My beautiful bride and I are celebrating 33 years of marriage in 2 weeks. My wife does get a little jealous of CPF(she claims I spend more time on CPF than her...well, um, actually that is true)...
She is becoming more tolerant of my Flashaholism...that or she is planning an intervention.
Congrats on 33 years & 8 dogs(we have two dogs & three cats...all rescues)...

Greta

Flashaholic
Have a great anniversary! My beautiful bride and I are celebrating 33 years of marriage in 2 weeks. My wife does get a little jealous of CPF(she claims I spend more time on CPF than her...well, um, actually that is true)...
She is becoming more tolerant of my Flashaholism...that or she is planning an intervention.
Congrats on 33 years & 8 dogs(we have two dogs & three cats...all rescues)...

Congrats to you as well! As a fellow 33-year'er... I know it is a great accomplishment and takes lots of work, love, tolerance, commitment, compromise, and friendship. And FWIW - Honey thinks *I* spend more time on CPF than him too... ;) :p

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

This is on my list of things I want to do here. But I'll be honest... it won't be today. ;) Today being the first day of Spring, it is also Honey's and my 33rd Anniversary. I'm getting a new tattoo and Honey is getting off the hook for a gift by letting me get a new tattoo... :p (I got him a pair of Blade Runner Whiskey Glasses and a bottle of Jameson Special Reserve - :sssh:)

It will take some "organizing" to figure out how to properly integrate what will end up being a whole new category - but I have some ideas rattling around in my head. We'll get it though - and then I'll tag you two to be moderators... ;) :poke:

No hurries, no worries. I look forward to it. :)

Congrats on your anniversary! Give our best to KC too! :thumbsup:

Stream

Enlightened
Re: Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure & Questing Sub Forum

Another vote here! I would love to see a subforum like that. I remember making a similar suggestion a long time ago, but the thread was closed :shrug:

In honor of the new thread for the subforum-yet-to-be <jk>, I submit the best YouTube videos I've seen on firemaking recently: :D

The one log fire thing is awesome! Not just convenient for making a quick fire to roast marshmallows, but a useful survival tip as well.

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Hey Greta,, how about a CPF Adventure &amp; Questing Sub Forum

Just keeping this on the first page; hopefully it will help drum up some interest and encourage people to post when it's live. :huh:

nbp

Flashaholic

Still interested in seeing a small section added for this type of discussion, if possible. Thanks. &#55357;&#56842;

nbp

Flashaholic

Any chance of the A & Q forum being turned back on for a bit? I'm going backpacking soon and it would be helpful to harvest some info from the threads there that were helpful to me previously. Either way thanks for considering.

Greta

Flashaholic

I was looking for this thread last month and couldn't find it! :thinking: I wanted to post an update.

I tired to restore what I had as back up for the forum and it was corrupt. That was one of the reasons I had shut it down altogether - the database had been corrupted. But I did find an archive snapshot that does seem to work as far as being able to navigate around through the threads and posts. HERE is the link.

My thought on going forward is to create a new category to incorporate some of the more popular topics that existed on cpfedcaq and let you all re-post what you did with a copy/paste from the archive if you wanted. It would be helpful to me if you could browse the archive and make some suggestions for the structure of the the new category as far as forums go.

nbp

Flashaholic

I was looking for this thread last month and couldn't find it! :thinking: I wanted to post an update.

I tired to restore what I had as back up for the forum and it was corrupt. That was one of the reasons I had shut it down altogether - the database had been corrupted. But I did find an archive snapshot that does seem to work as far as being able to navigate around through the threads and posts. HERE is the link.

My thought on going forward is to create a new category to incorporate some of the more popular topics that existed on cpfedcaq and let you all re-post what you did with a copy/paste from the archive if you wanted. It would be helpful to me if you could browse the archive and make some suggestions for the structure of the the new category as far as forums go.

AWesome! Thanks for posting that link. :) I will browse through and try to make some notes as to what sections should be re-integrated. Personally, I think that they could be lot more general, and just have less of them. Like "Camping", "Water Sports", "Road Tripping", "Urban Spelunking", "Gear" (that might have to be a couple subsections), "Family Adventuring" etc. I think the other forum probably had more sub-forums than needed. If it's going to migrate here, some consolidation will be necessary.

Greta

Flashaholic

AWesome! Thanks for posting that link. :) I will browse through and try to make some notes as to what sections should be re-integrated. Personally, I think that they could be lot more general, and just have less of them. Like "Camping", "Water Sports", "Road Tripping", "Urban Spelunking", "Gear" (that might have to be a couple subsections), "Family Adventuring" etc. I think the other forum probably had more sub-forums than needed. If it's going to migrate here, some consolidation will be necessary.

We're of the same mind ;) So have it m'dear! And when you're done... and it is set up... you can moderate it! :D

nbp

Flashaholic

We're of the same mind ;) So have it m'dear! And when you're done... and it is set up... you can moderate it! :D

Sounds like fun! :)