Opinions please.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Just received my new flashlight, but unfortunately I was a tiny bit disappointed when I looked through the lens.......looks like marks or something in there...best shown with the led on its lowest setting for this pic.

Im glad that it dosnt seem affect the light, but all the same I'm still abit peeved. Would you be happy with the light or send it back?

Opinions please.

oops ...anyone let me know how to post pic from ipad please, cut n paste, but hasn't worked, says below I may not post attachments.....and IMG code is on.....any ideas

thanks

imagejpeg

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Just received my new flashlight, but unfortunately I was a tiny bit disappointed when I looked through the lens.......looks like marks or something in there...best shown with the led on its lowest setting for this pic.

Im glad that it dosnt seem affect the light, but all the same I'm still abit peeved. Would you be happy with the light or send it back?

Opinions please.

oops ...anyone let me know how to post pic from ipad please, cut n paste, but hasn't worked, says below I may not post attachments.....and IMG code is on.....any ideas

thanks

imagejpeg

To post a pic, you have to upload it to a pic hosting site, such as flickr, etc.

Once uploaded to your host site, you then copy the pics address from there, and paste it here, between img tags.

IE:

As for stuff inside the lens, I'd unscrew the bezel and blow/wipe the dust and call it a day.

If it was an expensive light, I'd be more disappointed, and if a cheap light I would not be surprised, etc...but neither reaction would entail more than a passing whisp of concern.

:D

Last edited:

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Thanks TEEJ, see if this works.... It's my Armytek Prime Pro C2, love the light, just wasn't expecting what look like imperfections........hence been a bit narked.

2be080b03fbd4f0f2734a3bb5b9782ff.jpg

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be able to take the light apart and blow it out with little effort??

Since you ask for opinions: Personally, on a user light, which a C2 Pro would be for me, that wouldn't faze me in the least. If its your Shelf or Safe queen then that could be a different story??

Still not satisfied and a bird in the hand is still better than two in the tulip bush??

Click this link and get your issues resolved. Armytek seems to have a wonderful customer service department.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?397719-Service-Center

Last edited:

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Hi Str8stroke......I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

I did contact Armytek.....their response was they are small imperfections which don't influence the marketable condition.

Seems they're quite happy to pass them out like this.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Str8stroke......I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

I did contact Armytek.....their response was they are small imperfections which don't influence the marketable condition.

Seems they're quite happy to pass them out like this.

So then your next light will elicit a decision about whether you are willing to pay more from a manufacturer that you can expect more cosmetic perfection. While those imperfections do not help put out more light from the (looks like off-center) emitter, no doubt you could not tell the difference comparing the beam with a 'perfect' Prime Pro.

I have two ZebraLight SC62d's that I alternate, and use nightly. The one with the off center emitter makes a less distracting hotspot/corona to my eyes. Although the hotspot is not as circular as with the well centered emitter, there isn't a slight decrease in brightness from the hotspot compared with the corona. However, it's basically only when I am shining light on a large, uniform surface that it is noticed. It is of no importance with regular use.

But If you are taken up with the snarkiness, you should be entitled to return the light for a refund, my opinion. You now know the level of quality control they hold to, and if you ask for an exchange, you may be further disappointed.

roddyjb

Newly Enlightened
Personally, if I buy something new & I find flaws, I would return it.
Sometimes things slip past a company's Quality Control but it should be returnable if it does...

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Kitrobaskin.....i will have to check the light, but your right from the pick it definitely looks off centre.
I thought buying from Armytek I would get decent quality control.....and I thought I would have had a better response from their customer service.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights should be an enjoyable experience. Anybody can go to Home Despot and pick up an el cheapo sufficient for most uses. If the beam from your ArmyTek is good and there are no substantial flaws, then it comes down to whether you enjoy your light or not. It is no surprise that their customer service would like you to keep your light. I went through a couple of returns with ZebraLight but I love those lights.
Good Luck.