Fenix PD35 flickering

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
I've encountered a annoying problem with my PD35. It flickers briefly when I turn it on in turbo mode. It happens exactly when the tail button clicks.
Anybody got any ideas on what I could do to fix it? Or should I just send it in for warranty repair?

kj2

Flashaholic
And if you "short-circuit" the light. So unscrew the tailcap, and use for example a knife to connect the circuit. This way you know if the light still flickers, without the tailcap. And you will know of the problem is in the tailcap or in the circuit-board.

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Didn't really get what you meant by your last post. But I contacted their customer support and they decided to send me another tail cap. If that doesn't help I guess that I will have to ship it back to the U.S.

kj2

Flashaholic
Unscrew the tailcap and use a tool, to complete/connect the power circuit. That way you eliminate the tailcap, so you can see if the issue is in the tailcap or at the head. Good that they send a replacement.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS is a full body and tailcap bypass - I had a light that had a poor connection between the body and head that needed to be sanded down. Touch the outer brass ring only on the back of the circuit board, or the ring that would mate with the tube edge. If the head functions normally, then the problem is with the clicky or mating surfaces of the tube (you can usually fixed either easily).

ven

Flashaholic
Great news with cap being sent,would guess at the tail cap.

Presume all threads cleaned up,head and tail cap tight..........

Will check mine in work tomorrow but have to say not noticed anything similar.

Vandeb2000

Newly Enlightened
fenix pd35 repairs. U.K.

Hello all.

First post for me. Sorry if in wrong place.

The other day I dropped my old faithful Fenix PD35. It landed hard on a sharp curb and broke the side mounted mode selector switch.

I think this would not be covered by warranty as it was clearly my fault, I'm just wondering if there is anyone in the UK who is able to repair and maybe upgrade it? My soldering skills are pretty hopeless and it seems a shame to bin it. Even though I have just ordered a new nitecore mh12 😄😄😄

Any help greatly appreciated.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: fenix pd35 repairs. U.K.

first thing I would do is take apart the light and clean all the contact points with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and see if that helps. Not long ago the bottom 3 modes on one of my beat to death PD35's went out. I emailed Fenix CS, they requested the serial number which I sent them. They then emailed me an address in New York to send it to for repair. Sent the light and had it back in less than two weeks almost totally rebuilt and working good as new.