Just got these today anyone used them before?

malues

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

New to the forum. Been using Li-ion batteries in various devices for a while now. Ive been researching for the past week and have found absolutely NO information on these Efest 2100mAh 38A..

74Ck34Y.jpg

Just got these today. Anyone know what cell this is?

Knowing Efest, its more than likely a re-wrapped cell

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Efest is a good cell. Do you have an application that requires a 30+ amp draw? The cells you linked to are a high amp draw battery. Great for boosted devises, not to great for long run times.

malues

Newly Enlightened
Efest is a good cell. Do you have an application that requires a 30+ amp draw? The cells you linked to are a high amp draw battery. Great for boosted devises, not to great for long run times.

So I'm assuming that 38A isn't its actual max continuous discharge rate? Yeah I might use them above 30 amps just to see what they can do.

Yes, and super nice cells! I had a pair. Damaged one by draining it too low. Watch for that. No protection circuits.

thats good to know thanks! what voltage did you drain your's too?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Not tried them, have a few of their cells though,35a 2500 and 20a 3100 .The 35a are my preferred of the 2......

I use mine in ecig mods along with INR 25r and LG IMR. The latter 2 I also use in flashlights(same cells but different ones,as i don't mix mod cells with flashlight cells.) Basically I have multiple of each,but keep for dedicated uses.....

I am yet to need a cell that uses any more than constant 10a draw,highest so far flashlight wise is my mm15vn of which iirc 6.5a and use the vtc5 cells for that. So for me ,rather than highest A rating,I tend to go happy medium,high enough rated,highest mah and best value all round. The LG and 25r appear up there for that happy medium .Flashlight wise,pany BDs are good at 3200mah and 10a .

I presume for ecig sub ohm use,have to see how they get on if so. I am looking forward to the 10a 3500mah cells that should be out by July. Will make an awesome flashlight cell imo :D

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left it in a light I had done a few mods to. I didn't realize the driver had some huge parasitic drain. Needless to say, the voltage was dang near zero. So, I just tossed it. I almost gave it a go on charging it, but I have plenty to play with that are safe! lol

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
If you ever go back into Wooley Swamp
Well you better not go at night
There's dudes out there in the middle o' them woods
Who'll drain your cells in their modded lights

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ever go back into Wooley Swamp
Well you better not go at night
There's dudes out there in the middle o' them woods
Who'll drain your cells in their modded lights

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Now that is awesome. Made my day. Thanks! Jack, sorry, Charlie would be Proud!!
:lolsign::clap::clap: