Klarus Flashlights

Fourinchdragslicks

Newly Enlightened
I have been a member on here since 2008 and had to stay away for a while (this site makes my wallet open) I was looking for a light last year and came back to find out what the thoughts were on here, glad I did the light I was planning on (an Extremebeam) was not favored for reasons I don't really remember. I wound up going with a Klarus st11 and have been pretty happy with it.

What I cant figure out is why so few on CPF seem to have mentioned the company, and there are only a couple (favorable I thought) reviews of their lights. Have I really missed some sort of "run away" posting?

wjv

Enlightened
Lots of people here with Klarus lights. And most everyone considers them high quality.

But they really do target the Police/Security market.

I'll never buy a Klarus because all of their lights (that I've seen) have one common feature. That is, when you turn them on they default to coming on in the high (or is it turbo) mode. Sice I'm not in law enforcements I prefer lights that either default to low, or have a memory.

They are quality lights, but their UI is not something that everyone likes. . .

Alternatively I'm sure there are some people here who love that "defaults to high" feature.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rs and st line has memory. The st line looks particularly nice. I dont have a klarus, my friend has a rs11 and it looks like new after a year, very well made and finished imo.

Fourinchdragslicks

Newly Enlightened
I know the rs11 has memory, I didn't realize the others come on in high. I usually have mine set to come on in low or med, most of the time it is more than enough light.

TheVat26

Enlightened
Klarus is a pretty good brand. I have two XT11's (600, 820), three XT2C's (470, 580, 720), and an RS11. All are very durable with the only exception that the retaining ring in tailcap tends to become loose requiring frequent tightening. Probably not a a common issue, but I've noticed it.

The XT11 has been regarded as one of the most recommended tac light for LE and "self defense" users because of the XT series default to high, responsive switch (good travel and no lag), balanced beam, and runtime. I've never seen the need for mode memory because it's no hassle to put the bezel to your leg and click to the mode you want versus playing the guessing game mode memory lights may be in when you really need light NOW.

To to each their own of course but to answer the question, Klarus is popular and I bet a high percentage of flashaholics on here own at least one.