Fenix PD40 = Fantastic Bike Light

w8kbrder

Newly Enlightened
So when I received my PD40, I was a little disappointed with the brightness of the first and 2nd light level....but right off I loved the floodiness of the light...no defined circle of light. Outside at night, I found myself using the highest setting just around the yard. So tonight I decided to use the PD40 on my way to the gym and boy was I impressed. Its way better than my Fenix BT20 750 lumen bike like. I will be selling that one shortly.

The PD40's spread of light is super wide and even...love the flood effect. Now I can actually see whats coming around a corner when turning into a corner!

kj2

Flashaholic
Flood + neutral light is a must as bike-light, IMO. But since the light comes straight out of the light, aren't you blinding upcoming traffic? Or have you angled it down?

w8kbrder

Newly Enlightened
I angle it down if I pass anyone but I ride to the gym around 10pm so not a lot of people out on the bike path. It goes through some remote wooded areas so its super nice.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light for that, im using a foursevens mmu x3. I keep looking at the fenix though.
Retro ride man, nice. I would recomend fenix's bigger light mount, its alot more secure than those little bouncey rubber things.

ven

Flashaholic
Now thats a garage:cool: nice wheels all round,oh cool light as well,very tempted for fenix pd40 light myself,just got to love the mtg2 tint and flood.:)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do want some mtg2, bet the tints just as nice as my new armytek prime warm ven :poke:

ven

Flashaholic
I do want some mtg2, bet the tints just as nice as my new armytek prime warm ven :poke:

bet you could be right if i had an armytek prime warm to compare :nana:

:laughing:

my mtg2 eyes are waiting for some beam pics:poke:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a monster light on the trails ! Dam nice.
:)

ven

Flashaholic
That would be a monster light on the trails ! Dam nice.
:)

Sure some have used on their bikes iirc,would require a substantial mount though.

Nice 7400 OTF MTG2 lumens:)..........................hot handle bars!!

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great on cold nights in the uk. If it wasnt in pieces id put up a pic of that fenix mount on my rockymountain, im rebuilding ready for the sunshine fingers crossed.....
Q: are they 1st gen sid xc's ?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recomend fenix's bigger light mount, its alot more secure than those little bouncey rubber things.

Yeah, I hated the bounce from my Twofish Lockblocks, like riding in a strobe. I just make a low foam/rubber block from dollar store flip-flops and run a silicone wrist band under the bars to hold it tight. Clean, simple, fast and cheap. And the only way it changes aim is if I feed the band under the bar forward or back. Can temporarily aim down, and it will come back on it's own.