1x 18650 - Something slim?

freman

Newly Enlightened

My tk-35 died, it's time for an upgrade. I need something lighter and slimmer. Something I can fit in my tool-pouch, and hold in my mouth.
Do they make flashlights with only a single 18650 battery? I figure they would be nice and small, right?

Requirements :

cree led
Slim + lightweight
Uses one 18650 battery
Inexpensive

Any recommendations please?
:)

Last edited:

desmobob

Enlightened
Check out the Thrunite TN20... I just got one and it seems like the perfect tool-pouch light. Head rotates to 90*, magnetic tail cap; a versatile little work light.

Take it easy,
Bob

Amelia

Enlightened
48 posts of Zebralight SC6xxx recommendations in 5...4...3...2... :)

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore EC20 looks pretty good at ~$45. 960 lumens, 1x18650, CREE XM-L2 T6. It looks like a P12 without a clicky and easier to tailstand at around $15-20 less than the P12. I dont have the EC20 though, I have the P12 and like it alot.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mouth bite and 18650x1 don't go together in my book. I don't even like biting an AA/14500x1 light. It's AAAx1/10440x1 or smaller for bite duty or just get a headlamp.

48 posts of ZLSC600XXX suggestions? Nah! They make a great AAx1 red floody that you don't have to bite. :)

I have access to heat shrink tubing that seems to fit AAAx1 lights. It makes biting more comfortable, but I feel that there are other options.

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to say the Eagtac D25LC2 is nice but closer to the 60ish price range. It is a little more pocketable than the P12 in length and a hair smaller in diameter. Also it tailstands easier but it gets hot faster than the nitecore. I think the slimmer design may lower the rate of heat dissipation in the Eagletac. It is also 1x18650 at around 1000 lumens.

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
...or just get a headlamp.

This. It is one thing to (on rare occasion) put it in your mouth to look for something...but if you are planning to do it regularly, you need a re-think. I just reviewed a 1x18650 Armytek headlamp (Wizard Pro)...comes with magnet, armband, headband, pocket clip, and a silicone holder. It is also a great handheld light.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Since you were kinda light on the info provided, it looks like I have to be the one to ask, What do you consider inexpensive? $20 or $80? Know what I mean?

Just curious to know how your light died? Or I can rephrase that, What's it doing or not doing?

For around $60 I like a Nitecore P12, nice and thin. Should be easy to fit in tool pouch
For around $30 I LOVE the BLF Special Edition X6 CREE from Banggood. To fit in your tool pouch, you may have to store it head up.
For around $18 I like a Convoy S2+ Great budget lights. They have several version to choose from. So inexpensive you could buy 2!

Any of those look interesting or like they could work?

freman: Welcome to the forum.

ven

Flashaholic
This. It is one thing to (on rare occasion) put it in your mouth to look for something...but if you are planning to do it regularly, you need a re-think. I just reviewed a 1x18650 Armytek headlamp (Wizard Pro)...comes with magnet, armband, headband, pocket clip, and a silicone holder. It is also a great handheld light.

+1

If a good bit of use would be mouth held,the dentist would recommend a head lamp(and the doc);) but can also be used as a flashlight.

:)

freman

Newly Enlightened
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Since you were kinda light on the info provided, it looks like I have to be the one to ask, What do you consider inexpensive? $20 or $80? Know what I mean?

Just curious to know how your light died? Or I can rephrase that, What's it doing or not doing?

For around $60 I like a Nitecore P12, nice and thin. Should be easy to fit in tool pouch
For around $30 I LOVE the BLF Special Edition X6 CREE from Banggood. To fit in your tool pouch, you may have to store it head up.
For around $18 I like a Convoy S2+ Great budget lights. They have several version to choose from. So inexpensive you could buy 2!

Any of those look interesting or like they could work?

freman: Welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the late reply.
My tk35 died when it fell two stories down onto a cement floor. I'm not sure what broke, if it's the LED or a part of the circuitry.
Without the receipt, I was unable to send it in for repairs, even if I paid for them. It sucks. I know how to solder, so if you have a suggestion on how to fix, i'm all ears.

Inexpensive would be less than $70. I'm going to google all of your suggestions fellas, thanks for the replies!

freman

Newly Enlightened
Are there any fakes to worry about, with the models you guys suggested?

I found a Convoy S2+ on ebay for cheap, shipping from china. Fake?

ven

Flashaholic
Without the No its hard to say freman,would have thought unlikely being a "budget "brand but it does not stop *****fire lights..........so cant rule it out.

Fasttech and Banggood stock Convoy lights as another option.

Taz80

Enlightened
What are you using the light for? Depending on which model TK35 you have it will throw two or three times farther than any of the small slim lights. When I'm working I always carry a headlamp and a handheld. I hate putting something in my mouth that I've touched with my sometimes dirty hands.

freman

Newly Enlightened

Are convoys normally made in china?

What are you using the light for? Depending on which model TK35 you have it will throw two or three times farther than any of the small slim lights. When I'm working I always carry a headlamp and a handheld. I hate putting something in my mouth that I've touched with my sometimes dirty hands.

Yeah I understand that it's a downgrade in certain aspects. It's mostly for work, once in a while i'll need both hands free, so I munch on the light for a few seconds - a minute at most. So it's not worth dragging two lights around just for that. I also want to double it as my camping light.

I like the Convoy S2+ mainly for it's price. It's not as slim as I had hoped for but whatever, i'll live.
ANd a google search tells me that the S2 is better than the S2+. I wonder if I can still find one...

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
I have the S2+ and I really love it. I use it as one of my EDC lights. Because it is more floody of a light than the S2, it is to me more useful in those close quarters areas. Despite that, it will still light my entire backyard on HIGH. My backyard is 60x211ft long... so that is saying something.

Latest posts