SN II and pilas

zorba

Enlightened
Has anyone tried this combo? If yes, which pilas did you use? How well did they cooperate?
Thanks

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
From what little research I've already done on the Pila 150s series rechargeables, two of the P 150s' should work as a suitable replacement for the three lithium 123's in the SNII. If I recall correctly, a pair of 150s' are just a bit longer than three lithium 123's, but the tail spring in the SNII has shown itself to work favorably with the Pila setup.

-Jim

Edit ...just an afterthought on this topic... I typically get close to what I estimate to be 35-40 minutes of total runtime on my SNII with a trio of 123's. It's one of my most used lights, so I figure we're thinking along the same lines and I may just make a nice little investment in the Pilas as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't used my SNII a lot yet, but I am at about 50 minutes on the first set of batteries Mr. Bulk sent with it, 35 of it continuous while searching for my sister-in-laws expensive tiny pet dog lost during a snow storm. (We found him and most of the jokes about my 100 dollar flashlight went away!!)

Pilas sound like a good idea, though.

Bill