TURTLELITE II

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
Well it looks like a great weekend after all. When I got home from the kids soccer today (yes 3 kids, three games, and they were waxed in all of them) I discovered that my TURTLELITE II and a 4 cell bulb, had arrived in the mail. Ironically I have a DORCY 4 cell flashlight that is identical to the Turtlelite II so I could compare the single LED vs. the dual LED.
From Craig's site (LED MUSEUM) we know that the Turtlelite I is a single LED that's been ground down to utilize the reflector. The same is true for the single LED bulb that I ordered. On the other hand, the Turtlelite II is just dual LED's that are not modified.

In comparison both are equally as bright as the eternaLight III. The Turtlelite II has a beam as wide as the eternaLight, the single LED is about half as wide.

From the time that I mailed off my check, it took 10 days to receive the light. It arrived via priority mail.

Overall I'm very pleased with both the bulb and the TURTLELITE II.
WWW.LEDCORP.COM

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by K Horn on 10-14-2000 at 01:46 PM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

K Horn.. Turtlelite II is using reflector, does it have a center beam with layering rings of dim and bright corona around it or a center beam with smooth corona around it?

------------------
2d_edge

SteveY

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

From the time that I mailed off my check, it took 10 days to receive the light. It arrived via priority mail.

Overall I'm very pleased with both the bulb and the TURTLELITE II.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K Horn

From Ledcorp site, it mentioned that the Turtlelite I is projected further than the Turtlelite II.

Is this your experience?

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
2d edge... The Turtlelite II has a bright center beam and a smooth corona.
My best description would be; Craig's picture of the Turtlelite I ONLY A LARGER CENTER BEAM AND A BRIGHTER CORONA.
And its slightly brighter than the EternaLight III, keeping in mind that my eternaLight has lithium batteries and the turtlelight is just using the plain non-alkaline that came with it. I'm enjoying playing with it this evening.....picture this crazy house; one daughter in her room playing with a green photon, the boys (twins) in bed each with a krill, and me running around the house with these two new toys I got today. SO WHY IS MY ELECTRIC BILL SO HIGH???

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
SteveY.....This is a good question. I didn't realize that the Turtlelite I has a pre-focused reflector and the II has a faceted. The the single bulb I got is in a flashlight exactly like the Turtlelite II, facets and all.
As it is now the throw is nearly identical. Perhaps tomorrow night, while the Vikings are kicking some Bear-butt, I'll see if I can't find a 4cell with a smooth reflector and compare again.