• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS/ Copper SinkPad mcpcb. XH-70, XHP-50, XM-L2, XP-G2, XP-L 20,16,10mm...

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

Origonal thread in the MarketPlace here

These are copper mcpcbs. The emitter is soldered DIRECTLY to the copper heat pad. When I first saw these I had my doubts, however after some first hand experience with them I am certain these perform well above standard aluminum stars. These are high quality.

Hard data now available. Big thanks to BLF member Match for doing these controlled tests and data graphs!

xpg2sinkpad.jpg

xpe2sinkpad.jpg

As you can see there are gains to be had with these copper boards all the way to the 6000+ma level!

XML2 in the control test topped out at a whopping 1770 lumens!!

XHP-70 and 50 boards now available!

Prices are as follows.

Shipping is $4 USA and $13 world wide. Insurance is $2.15

1-9............$2.45 each
10-49........$2.10 each
50-99........$1.85 each
100+........$1.49 each

If you would like an emitter added to the board for you prices are as follows.

XHP-70 N4.........+$23.70 each
XM-L2 U3............+$8.45 each
XP-G2 S3............+$5.45 each

If you would like to have these with an XM-L2 U3 bin LED already reflowed on to the board add $8.50 per pc. XP-G2 S3 bin emitters can be added for $5.50 each

You MAY mix board SIZE and LED TYPE to obtain quantity price breaks.
Please be sure to include a list of your items purchased and CPF handle in the pp notes :)

Example: PP sent for 25pc 20mm XML and 25x 20mm XPG for total of 50x $1.90= $95 plus $4 shipping = $99 total for CPF member brighlightXX.

Please also post in the thread for the items you want to order.

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

If you would like to contact me PM is available, but email is preferred.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Epsilon

Enlightened
How are the tints on the XM-L2 U3 and XP-G2 S3 bins? I have an XP-G S3 in my Foursevens MiNi 123 Ti, but it has a greenish tint. Not that it really matters in most cases, but a nice tint would be preferred ofcourse :).

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Epsilon,

The exact bin of the current S3s is 1C if that helps. I am not particularly sensitive to green but I do have one light that I see it in. Its my Malesrom X10. I want to go on record saying, I am a huge fan of 4sevens lights. This is in no way a slam on his products,and this is the only one I have ever had that has this green, but its strong enough that my wife noticed it too.

Here is a picture of the X10 on the left beside one of the XP-G2 S3s on the right I just pull from the batch now.

I see a fairly white color. I suppose if I had to say which direction they lean my first impression would be a bluey purple.

Last edited:

Epsilon

Enlightened
Hey Epsilon,
The exact bin of the current S3s is 1C if that helps. I am not particularly sensitive to green but I do have one light that I see it in. Its my Malesrom X10. I want to go on record saying, I am a huge fan of 4sevens lights. This is in no way a slam on his products,and this is the only one I have ever had that has this green, but its strong enough that my wife noticed it too.

Here is a picture of the X10 on the left beside one of the XP-G2 S3s on the right I just pull from the batch now.

http://s63.photobucket.com/user/vesture_of_blood1/media/DSCN0092_zps7jyev8pm.jpg.html

I see a fairly white color. I suppose if I had to say which direction they lean my first impression would be a bluey purple.
Thanks for the reply.

If the picture is correct, then your Maelstrom is indeed slightly more green than the S3 in my foursevens mini. Have subscribed to this thread, will order in the near future :).

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are the tints on the XM-L2 U3 and XP-G2 S3 bins? I have an XP-G S3 in my Foursevens MiNi 123 Ti, but it has a greenish tint. Not that it really matters in most cases, but a nice tint would be preferred ofcourse :).

I just received 2 XP-G2 S3 1C tint from him and l they are great, I love the tint, no green at all! But YMMV.

shrick

Newly Enlightened
Apologies if this has been asked before. Why are the price for all sizes the same? Should e.g. the 10mm not be cheaper than the 20mm? Obviously less copper in the smaller pads? Or, is the price not really in the copper, but rather in the process of preparing the copper?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is actually a good question.

I purchase 1000-1500pc at a time from sinkpad, and get charged the same price for each piece of each type. I guess the reason it still cost just as much for the 16s and 10s is because the labor involved. Also sinkpad probly sells millions of the 20mm boards to the interior lighting industry there by reducing over all cost of production, and the 16 and 10s were designed and contracted originally by a group of us at BLF and CPF.

The 16mm boards were created as the result of a group buy at BLF, and about a year later I paid member PilotPtk to write the gerber files for the 10mm boards and agreed to let sinkpad continue to use them to produce the boards in exchange for waiving the additional tooling cost ( like $600 bucks extra IIRC).

While I have to admit, I was expecting the 10mm boards to cost less to because of the smaller size, I guess at this point I am just glad the 20mm board don't cost more :)

Last edited:

DKlaser

Enlightened
FOUND YOU! I need a pair of 10mm copper XML boards with a neutral tint XM-L2 emitters already installed. Can you help?

DKlaser

Enlightened
I am looking for some good output and am trying to avoid cool colors. I want to drive these to at least around 5A on high setting. I realize the cool tints are the highest output though. I'm looking for a decent compromise. If that is what you have let's just do that. I prefer as neutral as possible.

Do you have any that are De - domed or can you order this way?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, I will de-dome them for you. Just make a note with the PP payment so I don't forget. I think the 3C is exactly that. Its probly my favorite of all neutrals. Its what I use in my personal EDC truck light.

DKlaser

Enlightened
Perfect, running these De - domed is picking up a good bit of output isn't it?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Running they are a T6 bin so running them at 5 amps you will get around 900 OTF or so lumens if I recall correctly. De-doming will reduce that output by around 20% I believe.

DKlaser

Enlightened
I thought removing the dome increased the outout? I also though that an xm-l2 would be well over 1k lumens at that drive current?

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
I thought removing the dome increased the outout? I also though that an xm-l2 would be well over 1k lumens at that drive current?

No.Removing dome lowers output but increases throw.Also warms up the led sometimes with bad color tint.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is an OTF ( out the front) number. Its probly more like 1200 emitter lumens. You might get over the 1000 hump at 5 amp if your sinking is good. Its been a while since I measured any neutral stuff so that figure is just from memory, but its probly quite close.

DKlaser

Enlightened
One more question, do you happen to have any aluminum 20mm boards? I am needing some for a special application where weight is at a premium. If you don't would you happen to know the weight difference between the copper and aluminum boards? I have 2 of your copper boards loaded with xml2 emitters and both of them combined with the bracket I want to attach them to and the reflectors weighs in right at 15g I would really like to get that # down to 10 or less.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I actually do have some aluminum 20mm boards for XML that are sinkpads as well. The weight of the copper is approximately 3 x what the aluminum is. Cost on the aluminum ones is $1 each.