Does someone know how to disassemble Z52?

kj

Enlightened
I would like to disassemble SF Z52 LOTC tailcap. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thank you.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you grip the rubber knob and stop it from turning you can unscrew the allen screw (you may have to remove the spring to access it).
Once the allen screw is out there will be a retaining ring that you can unscrew with a wide-tipped screwdriver.
Screwing/unscrewing this adjusts the travel of the switch and unscrewing it al the way dismantles it.
This is all from memory but I'm pretty sure I'm close.

kj

Enlightened
GJW,

Thank you for your information. However, I could not find the retaining ring after unscrewed the allen screw.

Z52.jpg

Am I missing something?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
KJ, it should all fall apart at that stage. Did you try heating it up? Mine had loctite holding the allen screw in place, it would not unscrew at all until i put it in a bag and boiled it for 5 minutes.

**Edit** Just looked at my Z52 again, removing the allen screw should let that metal piece in the middle fall out. The plastic retaining ring is behind this, and is easily unscrewed with some needlenose pliers.

kj

Enlightened
Thank you, kakster. I could take the metal part apart after applying the heat. However, in my two Z52s, the plastic retaining ring is too hard to unscrew. The heat doesn't help here. I saw I would damage the plastic so I gave up...