Post your vaping story, e-liquid and hardware prefs to help others.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that I was afraid to ask about a Vaping sub-forum here on CPF as I didn't know how it would go over but I am glad the powers that be have created it.

My back story is that I quit smoking about 7 years ago after smoking close to 15 years. I did that using Chantix and hypnosis, but being on Chantix for 8 weeks was one of the worst periods of my life - a terrible drug that really messes with your head and body. But, it worked.

More recently I had taking to cigar smoking and it had become more than a daily habit so I decided to take control over it and give vaping a try to quit. I started with a very simple ego/Kanger setup that was recommended by a vape shop near me. Within a week I had no interest in cigars, and the few I did have tasted completely nasty in comparison to the clean flavors of the few e-liquids I had purchased. I've now not had a cigar for about 2 months and have no interest in them at all.

I've gone through many flavors and companies on my short journey but have begun to find my favorites. A good amount of money spent up front on everything - I think my flashlight hobby money has been going to vaping supplies the past few months.

I'll go into a my flavor preference and hardware preferences separately.

E-liquid flavors:
Flavor is subjective - that has become very obvious. What one reviewer online says is the most amazing liquid they've tried often tastes nasty to me. I think, like most people, when I first started I was drawn to the fruit flavors and didn't think that some of the more complex flavors would actually be enjoyable. But I've come to enjoy the more complex flavors and have found that I cannot just vape one flavor as an ADV. I'll typically carry 3 tanks with me through the day so I can alter my flavors and not get too burnt out on one taste.

My current favs flavors are:
Five Pawns - Castle Long/Castle Long Reserve - OMG amazing!
Mountain Oak Vapors - Heavenly chocolate
Lazarus Vintage - Nebulus chocolate mint
Mountain Oak Vapors - Cool Ice mint/menthol
Moon Mountain Vapors - Sweet Mother of Mars RY4 caramel/vanilla tobacco
Mount Baker Vapor - French Toast
Mount Baker Vapor - Ecto Cooler
Mountain Oak Vapors - Caramel Movaccino light coffee with caramel hints
Mountain Oak Vapors - Chai Tea Latte
Space Jam - Andromeda blueberry/pomegranate
etc......

Hardware:
As with most people I started with a simple Asprie Ego clearomizer and a fixed voltage EVOD.
I quickly found that I was craving more flavor and vapor production and upgraded to a Eleaf iStick 30W and an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Very nice flavor and not very expensive a setup.
Unfortunately there is a lot of controversy out there about the ceramic materials used in the BVC pre-made coils. Not going to get into it but search and you'll find a lot of threads out there. So I've decided that I don't want to risk my health and will stick with pure OCC (organic cotton coil) setups. On that front I've found that Kanger Subtank Mini and Nano with their OCC setup. Amazing flavor and vapor but it can be a lot of vapor - definitely for lung hitters as there is too much air flow for mouth hits.
For my mouth hitting pleasure I've found I really like the Russian 91% (a kayfun-like RBA) and have gotten a few of these. The coils are actually quite easy to build once you watch a few YouTube videos. Wicking the coils takes a little practice but easy once you get the hang of it.
I also bought a Provari P3 that I could run on 18350 batteries. Very nice mod but doesn't last very long on the small 18350 batteries. I've tried it with a 18650 but just way too long for me. My search for a more applicable mod lead me to the box mods but I didn't want anything big and don't vape at much over 15 watts most of the time. I've gotten myself a Hana Modz V4 Mini (very small and light, has a built in 1800 mAh LiPo battery, lasts nearly all day long with heavy vaping, this is my out and about carry mod) and a VaporShark rDNA 40 (heavier, has a swapable 18650 battery - just in case, a fast charge 2A USB charge slot, the battery lasts a really long time, too heavy for carrying out and about but my go to for home use). Both use the DNA40 40 watt chipset and are superior box mods in every way. Yes, there are cheaper box mods and I probably could've gotten along with just the iStick - but way are hardware geeks here aren't we? Whether it be flashlights or vaping it's fun to have cool things to tinker with.

Nicotine:
I started with 6mg and that really gave my head a huge nic hit. I quickly reduced down to 3mg and find that I still quickly get more nicotine than I want even at that level.
I'm trying to get down to 0mg nicotine so I bought a concentrated nicotine liquid and I buy 0mg liquids and then mix in a little concentrate to the level of 1-1.5mg.
On the Russian and the Subtank I find 1mg still enough to give a bit of a head rush and satisfy my cravings.

RDAs and dripping:
I bought one RDA with a dual coil setup. Personally not for me. The flavor wasn't that much better than the Subtank and just way to messy for me to deal with on a regular basis.

Cloud Chasing:
Watch the YouTube videos. This really makes me laugh! It's fun every once in a while but I find when you go for the biggest cloud you start to lose out on flavor and enjoyment.
I don't need an RDA to blow out a monster cloud. Open up the air adjustment on the Subtank Nano with the Hana set to 25 watts and you'll blow a cloud to fill up a room.

Safety:
Aspire - as I mentioned above there is a bit of a controversy out there about their BVC coils
Diacetyl - there is a lot of concern out there about inhaling diacetyl and something called popcorn lung. Apparently safe when ingested but very dangerous when inhaled. It is found in many creamy/custardy flavors. I have recently found Mountain Oak Vapors is one of the few companies that have each and every e-liquid lab tested for diacetyl and a few other harmful chemicals and post the test result sheets on the product pages - and their flavors are some of the best I've tried (they do need a steep period for best flavor - two days with cap off and another week covered)

Anyways - that's my two month journey. Please share yours. :)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great summary of your vaping journey thus far. I smoked Marlboro lights for twenty five years and tried multiple times and ways over the years to quit. I had pretty much accepted the fact I was doomed and would smoke till the day I died. We were traveling one summer about two years ago, I wouldn't smoke in the car because of the kids and my nicotine cravings were killing me. I had stopped for gas and ending up buying some disposable e cigarettes from the convenience store. That's where my journey began, on Thanksgiving day of that year I had my last cigarette. I started purchasing ego kits, variable voltage mods, mechanical mods and so on. Then I found the Reo Grand mod, the simplicity, quality of build, size, and consistency of the vape has done it for me. I have two Grands (18650) and two minis (18490), Rob the owner of Reo is a great guy to deal with. If you visit ECF he has his own sub forum there check it out. Glad to hear you've kicked the habit and we have one more fellow vapor on the forum.

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome stories guys,thanks for sharing.............mine is a little:thinking:..................boring in comparison :laughing:

Edit- After scanning back,I seemed to add many pics and waffle from my previous "to the point" :laughing:

Apologies........

To the point,work brought in a smoking ban on Jan 1st 2013..................so could leave premises for a cig(never a heavy smoker tbh,smoked 15-20 lights a day)
So having the VIP kit,cost me around £20 with refill etc ,i purchased the summer before of 2012 and never used fully. Now was the time..........

It is the one that glows red like a cig when take a drag(no button presses here). Whilst in the area for electronic cigarettes,got talking to a young lad who had a funny tank think with fluid in..............and so it began.............

I went to the totally wicked shop local to me,bought the double kit as singles had sold out,so instead of a £35 bill,i had a £60 one:(

I thought,no probs,the boss can have one!! did not last long. So i bought various bits n bobs and it stopped me altogether smoking as the fluid/vape imho is great.

Far right of the blurred pic was my first tornado battery with large tank

Then the bug bit,similar to flashlights in many ways,gadgets/mods-evic/provari/odyssey/vaporsharks/i20s/Kbox etc....

Lost count of tanks tbh

But within 3 months i was on variable volt and better tanks,even tried re-build coilsfor 10 mins :laughing:

Some cheap VV mods

Pretty much,what ever tank came out i would try

Some good,others OK,many...........well not worth the fluid in them
Great tank thats still being used 2yrs on as gifted to work colleague

In fact i have gifted many many tanks/mods over the last 2yrs
This set up cost me £30 for tank,£20 for coils,£15 for fluid(fluid fine,nice flavour,rest was carp!

Have 100s of pics so could go on for ever :laughing:

These tanks changed vaping for the better for me

Adj air made all the difference to tight,or easy airy vape

So skip a year to early march 2014 and splashed out on

Then went up in size to mega

Some weight i can tell you!!
Then the provari

Then the giant tank

Note imported extension for 18650 cells

Coils used at time,duel coil

So 3 main edc mods at time on rotation

Tried a mec mod 26650 but not best imo

Then delta tank,of which i have 2,still a great tank thats not sub ohm,has 3x4.2ohm coils in parallel to make 1.4ohm. This allows huge vape and flavour........great in its time,in fact i still use them from time to time they are still that good(produce nice big smooth clouds)

Got rid of the tip though................

to

or

Cluttered vape section(now more cluttered but neater :laughing: or should i say organised clutter:p

Delta on the oddy VV

Had a few issues tbh(4) and all sorted with excellent customer service,now got latest VV with no colour on the V dial and with latest chip set to allow sub ohm vaping.

STILL AWAKE :laughing:

Then the turbo tank,2x duel coils in parallel of 1.8ohm each=0.9ohm quad coil=great vape and high output

1st vaporshark rdna30 in gunmetal

Loved it but failed quick(think i may have put cell in wrong way tbh,either way got a replacement and new rdna30 with different battery,original was efest 35a,now changed to pany B cell

Little line up so far

Now the rdna30 was great,could charge via USB or via card and USB charge mat,but removing cell was a pita due to small screw

Like the rdna boards though,nice UI and display

Went away from being ready made fluid to save money and customise my vape,started with the platinum TW kit

Back to VS,new one after sending faulty rdn30 back,unfortunately only black available now

Samsung fed

shark skins

Then the sub tanks started

At this point i have copied my post as that long,i will not type again :laughing:

Wow i can waffle:eek:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Some of my tanks in use(have more i rotate)

Atlantis tank----great tank

Nice 0.5 ohm vape..........like it and bought 5ml extension as the 2.5ml was being topped up every 30 mins

Cheap curve(i20) for a car edc

Atlantis 5ml upgrade

now as i mentioned in another post,i sold my rdna30 to a friend although i did not want to sell it. I liked it too much,but he was persistent,so i gave in and ended up buying an rdna40.This now ships with the LG 2500 IMR cell which is more like it over the pany B from the later rdna30 mods............

Had to put too,UK they are £150

Great tank next,delta 2 or subflow from TW(same tank,just re-named)

Down side is only 3.5ml,so again for ever topping up,but smooooooooooooth vape,nice flavour=great
Big 0.5ohm coils,now with a (pointless) novelty adjuster on the coil,can turn to open/close vape/wick holes to adj flow.........fully open of course:naughty:
Still not as much as the aspire for fluid hole area..........

Great vape^^^^^^^^^^^

Now the rdna40 has a few benefits,coil temp,so using specific coils you can limit the temp to lessen the chance of burning.........never tried tbh and not interested.
Bigger display now,built in charge(as well as USB ) so no need for extra charge to plug in as now in the LARGER rdna40 build
And goes up to 40w instead of 30w of which i will hardly use.

Still the mat black finish is nice,does not mark as easy as the older rdna30 for sure..........but shows any oil from fluid up easy!! No biggie,but a pita at times.........Big improvement is the battery cover,now magnetic(not strongest though) but a lot better than faffing with a screw driver every cell swap!!..........like it!

Latest buy,Kanger Kbox,cheap as chips,sub ohm,very basic but imo worth the money at under £25

Feels nice in hand

Size comp

Few home made ingredients(diluent) etc

Thats my ride to now from how i started............

Now there is the dna40......................same size as the rdna30 but built in charger(no usb) .I much prefer the option of changing cell,,rather than passive charging/vaping,so although the size is more appealing,nothing else is:confused:

Cheers ven:)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing Ven. Kudos for making your own liquids. As I mentioned I only buy 0mg nic fluids and then add my own nicotine, but it can still be pretty expensive.

Just a note on the DNA chipsets:

The older DNA20 and DNA30 are great VV/VW chips, but they do have a problem in that they can't step down, only up in voltage. So they can't go below the voltage of the cell driving them. Phil Busardo has some great (and really geeky) videos out with lots of computer testing on these two chipsets. He's shown that these chipsets deliver false readings on settings where the voltage needs to be dropped below that of the cell on either 1) sub-ohm setups that require a very low voltage or 2) 1-2 Ohm setups driven at low wattages.

The DNA40 (and the upcoming DNA25) chipsets can drop voltage down to 1.0 volts (IIRC) so they are much more accurate.

Also, temperature control on the DNA40:

I've watched the videos and read the reviews on temperature control. Every says it's a neat idea, but this is just gen.1 of it. It works, kinda. It's based on pure Nickel200 wire which changes it's resistance (measurably) as it heats up. The theory is the with a known coefficient of heat/resistance then an approximate wire temperature can be found. The problem is that everything has to be at room temperature when you assemble it and the mod detects a Nickel200 coil. If the coil is already warm and the mod assumes it is room temperature then all readings are off.

I wasn't about to start making my own Ni200 coils but I saw that VaporShark commissioned a run of Ni200 coils from Kanger for the SubTank line. So I bought a pack. The concept is neat and the temperature limiting works, sorta kinda. It's just to frustrating that the DNA40 doesn't always detect the temp coil right, it cuts off early, or late. The whole technology needs refinement.

And then there's the safety downside. Apparently Nickel will vaporize above 600 degrees and is really bad to inhale. They would say it's safe if you keep your temperatures down around 400 degrees, but with a kinda working detection system and no safeguard that you don't take a hot coil off and re-initialize it as being room temperature - well you get the idea.

Anyways - I've still got 3 more SubTank Ni200 coils and will happily send them off to anyone who wants to try them if you cover the shipping. (Hmmmmm...... I wonder if we'll get a WTS Vaping subforum. I've got a bunch of stuff to sell that I am not going to use and have been holding off going to fleabay)

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks SOYCD:)
Agree,some way to go yet,but its all a step in the right direction and right now,i cant think of many products that are being continually improved/outdated so quickly..........By a new tank today,its old hat in 2 months as a bigger,sub ohm tank is out with variable something else :laughing:

I have seen a few of his vids,very entertaining...........more so when the interviewer is so passionate about the subject.

I dont make my own coils so kudos back,just never really interested me........yet but then again neither did making my own fluid.

If you ever decide,i can write a step by step guide for you on how i make mine,its so easy you would not believe. Can list what ingredients,how to measure and the calculator i use.............seriously its like ABC.............

I can knock up 500ml in under 5mins easy,and thats taking my time. Think how long it takes time to order or drive to the vape shop.

Then savings,can only go off UK prices which are more than USA
250ml of PG £5
250ml of AG(diluted VG so not as thick) £5
72ml nic concentrate 100ml £18 delivered
Flavours-Around £2.50 per 5ml

So for 50ml and 0mg nic its cheap as chips so cancel that out.
For £10 or $15(will be less) you have 500ml of fluid........

Flavours wise again varies ,but for 20% flav your looking simply at 10ml per 50ml of flavour.

Even with my 18mg nic,my 30ml bottles work out at around £4 each(in shops for around £14 for decent brands,not cheap Chinese *beep*

Best bit is the "customising" Throat hit=more PG. For more cloud,smoother then more AG,i like 50/50 as happy medium and great for sub-ohm without clouding out the area :laughing:

So you can have exactly how you want it rather than how it comes bought.............

I look at it like variable V or W,you custom the power to suit you,well why not custom your fluid to suit you too.

It is in a way for me like flashlights although i wont have as many mods as lights. But the new box mods,tanks etc,and of course cells that they do have in common all make a good hobbie/interest imo. It bites.........just like lights,when it does,it bights hard and does not let go!!! :laughing:
Regards ven

ven

Flashaholic
Forgot to add,well before ecigs,i tried the champix option. This drug was tested as an antidepressant,in short they stayed depressed but noticed many who smoked stopped!!! So a drug was born to aid giving up............

Now i do know a few it worked for,so cant knock it.....

For me,yes stopped smoking,after around 5 days+ i started going a little(more :laughing) psycho..............came off them! Back on cigs........till Jan 1st 2013 that is.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe one day I'll try my hand at liquids.

If you have any interest in making your own coils check out RipTrippers youtube videos. He's a real character but does some great instructional videos.

I've also noticed that some mail order vape stores here in the US are starting to sell pre-made coils for RDA/RBAs. They are looking pretty sharp. Unfortunately I can't use any of the macro coils as the Russian will only take micro coils.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my story:

I bought my first e-cig 3.5 years ago: Ego-T clone from a Canadian company that could be used as a 5 lumen flashlight with the LED on the tip when you put it in lockout mode. It was called the EV torch and that's why I picked he nickname The Torch on ECF. I didn't buy it just because of the flashlight aspect of it, but let's admit it: it was really a great selling point fo me :D

The real reason I got the Ego-T was because it was a tank system, but the tank was really small, would only work properly for a few puffs and then you'd have to clean it again. I had some great liquids, but the trouble of keeping it working made it only suitable for office use and to cut down on cigarettes when I was chain smoking.

In May last year, I was taking my now ex-GF out downtown and she got the idea to stop by the vape shop, which I never visited. I bought a new tank since it was compatible with my batteries and some new e-liquid. I was instantly hooked. I went back a few days later to buy a new Ego system and gave her my old batteries since she didn't have much money. She liked it a lot too.

2 weeks later, I was down to 6-8 cigarettes a day (from 20+). One day I washed my car and gave it a 2 coat wax and notice I didn't need to take a single break. The next day I had my morning cigarette in my mouth and stopped, thinking to myself "why in the world would I keep doing that after feeling so good?" At the end of that week that last cigarette I never had was back in the pack and the pack went to the fridge another week later.

I decided to apply my knowledge from buying tons of flashlights and skip the entire gradual upgrade scale, so I bought a Provari 2.5 in black.

I already knew I would get into rebuilding, but 2 weeks later the vape shop had just received the Russian 91% in black. I caved in. 500$ about a month in, but I had the Surefire of e-cigs. My GF had to move due to lack of work, so my new starter kit stayed as my backup.

Late summer last year, I was coming back home from work and saw a sign in the distance on which I could read "VAPE". Had to go check it out now, didn't I? It turns my favorite vape shop in town is a 5 minute drive from my place. They all know me by name now :D (Now, when is someone going to open a flashlight store over here? Preferably a single tall blonde... or 3 of them)

Zoom to February this year: one of the shop owners told me he wanted to sell his Provari really cheap as he has way to many mods. I asked how much he was asking: 80$. My Hcigar Kayfun now has a permanent place to sit on. Well, it sometimes rotates with my Nautilus or Nautilus mini or one of the other 6 tanks sitting on my desk.

I have been planning on making my own box mod when the budget clears up and it will definitely be a DNA40.

ven

Flashaholic
Cool story ,thanks for sharing :)

There are some very impressive box mods with 3x18650 cells ...... Now I can never see me needing much more than 30 or 40w depending on how low ohm the coil is. But what I do want is a great box mod with 2x18650 for run times. Be it a vaprshark flask(£250 in UK ) so not cheap!!!!! Or another good brand ,would certainly have my interest as this sub ohm vaping zaps cells for fun!!!

Just took delivery of 2 more BDs 10a 3200mah,as my amp use is in general around 7,I am going to see how my vape time goes and take from there. Have around 12 specific INR or IMR cells for ecig rotation dedication :laughing:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm aiming to make my own box a 2X18650 mod, but 3X18650 box mods??? Next thing you know, box mods will dwarf some of the bigger flashlights! Why not just pool half a liter of juice on a Hellfire and get the whole room fogged up in seconds... to hell with the legal vape 4000's 5 minute pre-warming time :D

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
Here's mine. I started smoking since I was 16 until I met my wife when I was 27 yo.
Now I'm 35. Since October last year my job and level of stress had been increasing. I knew that I need Nicotine to clam me down and focus so I started looking at vaping.

My friend sent me an Ego starter kit and some Ejuice to try out and I have to admit to help but I didn't feel any flavour and enjoy it much.
I did a lot of research and came across small Egoone from Joyetech and ordered a premium Ejuice with 8ml nicotine from trust vendor. From then everything just changed.

I really enjoyed the flavours and had my nicotine fix but the Egoone is not enough. I can get it go for 2 day without recharge but the tank is too small and hard to refill. So I seeked for a better tank that small but yet hold enough juice, easy to fill, easy to see and really perform.

And here it is Kanger subtank Nano. It fits nicely with egoone battery and battery works with sub ohm coil too.
d07930e9d5e0c76863e45ec20815bcab.jpg

Sub ohm vaping isn't for me. I prefer mouth to lung like I used to with smoking.

I have to admit that my vaping really taking off becuase I just got istick 30w to use with subtank Nano for home setup and egoone for go out for short trip.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing that pick of the EgoOne battery - it's one I've been looking to check out for the lightweight compact out and about. Do you find it much smaller than the iStick 30W?

I agree with you on the mouth to lung. My Russian 91 does a great job on the mouth to lung. I love the flavors from the SubTank (although I do prefer the 1.2 Ohm coils) but I find doing a lot of lung hits dries me out quite a lot. Some flavors that I have found stand out nicely with the SubTank are chocolate/mint/cirtus fruit. More complex flavors like RY4 tobaccos, Castle Long, creamy flavors actually lose a bit for me on the SubTank.

Vaping Safety 101: PG/VG dry you out - drinks LOTS of water. :)

ven

Flashaholic
Nice set up:D

I should have got the i30 over the i20 at the time,did not realise it would not support sub coils like the i30...........Still it gets left in the car for ease and use the delta 1 tank(which still holds its own for flavour and vape with the 3x4.2ohm coil in parallel to give 1.4ohm ).Bonus allows high V and no burning(5v for example).

Kind of into my box mods at the moment,always have 2 next to me:)

My subtank is the 6ml version(soon a 7ml coming out which i will pass on as no point for 1ml more) but its a large tank for some mods,plus side gives good vape time between topping up.

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing that pick of the EgoOne battery - it's one I've been looking to check out for the lightweight compact out and about. Do you find it much smaller than the iStick 30W?

I agree with you on the mouth to lung. My Russian 91 does a great job on the mouth to lung. I love the flavors from the SubTank (although I do prefer the 1.2 Ohm coils) but I find doing a lot of lung hits dries me out quite a lot. Some flavors that I have found stand out nicely with the SubTank are chocolate/mint/cirtus fruit. More complex flavors like RY4 tobaccos, Castle Long, creamy flavors actually lose a bit for me on the SubTank.

Vaping Safety 101: PG/VG dry you out - drinks LOTS of water. :)
Yes, much smaller and lighter than the iStick 30W. The downside of Egoone battery is it fires less power when the the battery level goes down but it so pocket friendly.

Nice set up:D

I should have got the i30 over the i20 at the time,did not realise it would not support sub coils like the i30...........Still it gets left in the car for ease and use the delta 1 tank(which still holds its own for flavour and vape with the 3x4.2ohm coil in parallel to give 1.4ohm ).Bonus allows high V and no burning(5v for example).

Kind of into my box mods at the moment,always have 2 next to me:)

My subtank is the 6ml version(soon a 7ml coming out which i will pass on as no point for 1ml more) but its a large tank for some mods,plus side gives good vape time between topping up.

Yeah, I found that having a spare is a must.
The built-in battery is my choice I have always seen box mod and nice nod with changeable batteries but I can't really be bothered to keep replacing them when they're out of juice.
Right now I am having old Ego filled up and charged just in case I don't have time to charge the others.

ven

Flashaholic
Thats what i like about the vaporshark rDNA40 ,has your own(or their LG IMR)18650 inside and simple magnet/slide cover to change out OR leave as,use the usb charge port and quite a fast charge on it. Can passive vape/charge if user wants.On top of that,there is a built in charger too,this can be placed on a USB charge mat and charged that way,very flexible........

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
My story is pretty simple. I started smoking at 15, smoked cigarettes for 17 years (1.5-2 packs a day by the end), and then switched to a pipe when cigs reached the outrageous ( :D) price of $26 per carton. I could keep myself in pipes and tobacco for a fraction of that. That went on for 9 more years, until pipe tobacco became outrageously expensive, too. I was also starting to get a chronic cough and feel really winded when going up stairs, etc. At age 40 (almost 5 years ago now), I was in a restaurant having dinner, and a guy at the next table started puffing on an ecig. I was aware of them by then, but I was afraid it would be like sucking on air. I asked him how it compared to smoking, for example do you actually feel that little "burning" sensation in the throat when you take a drag? He said it was a pretty good approximation of smoking, and that yes, you could feel it as you inhaled it.

I odered a Safe Cig package the next week. The Safe Cig was a cig-sized ecig that's now out of business, afaik. When it came in, I screwed on a carto, took a hit, and knew right away I could make the switch. Over the next week and a half, I stopped smoking a pipe and switched totally over to the ecig. The two problems that became immediately apparent were the poor battery and carto life. I knew I needed something that improved upon both. I switched over to the basic eGo model with Got Vapes' Fluxomizers. This lasted for a while, but I eventually decided I liked the idea of something with a replaceable battery. This led me to the eGo 18650 mod. Now that I had something in which the cell would last all day, I then decided I needed to be able to hold more juice, so I tried clearomizers, eventually settling on the Vivi Nova.

Eventually, the eGo 18650 mod was phased out by Joyetech in favor of the eVic. I was used to the fixed voltage and simplicity of the old model, so I bought a couple of eVic Easy Heads and some 18650 tubes to go with them. Now that I had all-day battery life and a juice reservoir that only needed refilling a few times a day, I started burning through juice like a madman, so I started reading and learning how to make my own. That's where I'm at today: I rotate 2 eVics with Easy Heads, fed by CGR18650CH cells, and topped with Novas full of my "unflavored" (I find that ecig juice with no extra flavorings added has a hint of flavor that resembles caramel) homebrew juice.

I tried multiple flavors of juice and a few other mods, etc. along the way, but this simple and cheap combo has worked so well for me that I've had no real desire to look elsewhere for a long time.

I never got into vaping as a way to quit nicotine, but as a way to quit inhaling tobacco smoke and all the carbon monoxide, carcinogens, and umpteen thousand other nasty chemicals contained therein. I was honest with myself up front that this would be a replacement habit. I was also pretty tired of me and everything I owned reeking of stale smoke. There is still no concensus on the relative safety of ecig use vs. actual tobacco, but I DO know that I can breathe, taste, and smell again, my cough is long gone, and that I no longer smell like an ashtray. I also run up and down several flights of stairs each night at work without issue, something I would have been unable to do back when I was smoking. Those are enough improvements to make the whole thing worth it to me. I plan to continue vaping for the foreseeable future.:thumbsup:

Wow! That story wasn't quite as simple as I thought it'd be...:nana: Anyway, vape on, brothers and sisters! Vape on! :lolsign:

edit: Btw, ven, that collection of yours...........:bow::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
Thats what i like about the vaporshark rDNA40 ,has your own(or their LG IMR)18650 inside and simple magnet/slide cover to change out OR leave as,use the usb charge port and quite a fast charge on it. Can passive vape/charge if user wants.On top of that,there is a built in charger too,this can be placed on a USB charge mat and charged that way,very flexible........
Vaporshark rDNA40. Cool I'll take a look into that. Cheers

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Here's my current Mod/setup

Dual coils 24G Atomizer with drip tip. Drilled out ports for better air flow.
Solid copper 18650 Mech Mod. Magnetic firing button

Vaping can be almost as expensive as Flashlights! And as addicting too. I didn't smoke cigarettes or cigars before Vaping. And I have to be careful not to get carried away with it.

f9037472cc5638e6801ea6e57108ff32.jpg

b9d46329701feedb96154456890ffb4f.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very very :cool: nic(would not expect anything less judging by your awesome lights!), nice mec mods..............yes it is almost as expensive as flashlights :laughing: and as addictive!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Very very :cool: nic(would not expect anything less judging by your awesome lights!), nice mec mods..............yes it is almost as expensive as flashlights :laughing: and as addictive!
Thanks Ven. You sir have some really nice, and cool looking gear yourself.