UI Gripe: Moonlight Mode on 2-Button Lights

avernite

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see some changes in how moonlight mode is implemented in these kinds of lights. It doesn't seem right that a user should have to cycle through the brightest levels to get to moonlight mode!

The way I see it, moonlight mode should not be part of the main cycle for two reasons:

1. It means the user has an extra mode to click through when selecting brightness levels
  2. It means the user cannot directly access moonlight mode in lights with mode memory, unless it was the last mode being used

Solution: Stop including moonlight mode in the main cycle and instead have it directly accessible by pressing the tailswitch button while holding down the side switch. This would solve the two issues mentioned above and also people who aren't interested in moonlight mode would never have to bother with it.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
They expect you to know that you're supposed to keep one eye closed while cycling thru the bright modes to preserve your night vision. You can always send it to someone to mod it with a different driver to get the modes you want. after buying over 100 flashlights now, i've learned if a light doesn't make me happy (a light, a match pistol, moonless night: these are a few of my favorite things), i don't buy it, get rid of it, or modify it if i really like it.

Latest posts