one stage e1l,e2l

ryank17

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I'v been using surefire e1l-a, e2l-a for months and I really like it.

I just want to make them one stage version(high only). Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I'v been using surefire e1l-a, e2l-a for months and I really like it.

I just want to make them one stage version(high only). Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

You can always replace the head with a Malkoff Scout Head, or a VME head with your choice of drop-in (M31 series for the single cell and M61 for the two cell.)

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Like fresh eddie fresh said, I don't think there is a way without getting new heads. Another option would be sending your heads to Tana for modification, ie new single mode drivers.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Like fresh eddie fresh said, I don't think there is a way without getting new heads. Another option would be sending your heads to Tana for modification, ie new single mode drivers.
Hmmm that's anninterezting option. Would be nice with a 1.5 amp driver. I'm not big on runtime. OP probably is.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm that's anninterezting option. Would be nice with a 1.5 amp driver. I'm not big on runtime. OP probably is.
I bought a modded version a while back (probably 6 years ago) where someone took the head apart, put a warm emitter and a ~1 amp driver in it.

I've been storing it in my car.

The only stock option I know of is that the first run of E2DL's came with single mode, high, only. If you could get your hands on one of those, that seems to be what you're looking for. I've seen them on the market for about normal E2DL prices. They don't sell often, though.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not. I would leave it as it is. I have the one level 45 lumens I believe and the two level is also very useful the 3/60 I think it is. Both models work great.

Last edited:

N/Apower

Enlightened
Sell the2 -stage head for someone's LEGO build and buy the WML head. That's what I use on my classic E2 body, a SF KE2C.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Not really a solution to your problem, but personally I'd recommend a different light as the POU (Philosophy Of Use) of the Outdoorsman series is long runtime for use in the backcountry and not suited to your requirements.

For the cost of modding the light or converting with a new head, you could get a new light, better suited to your own requirements.
For a single stage (high only) light you could look at the Streamlight Protec 1L (180 lumens, programmed to high only) or even better the Fenix PD (set to 210 or 105 lumens).

N/Apower

Enlightened
Not really a solution to your problem, but personally I'd recommend a different light as the POU (Philosophy Of Use) of the Outdoorsman series is long runtime for use in the backcountry and not suited to your requirements.

For the cost of modding the light or converting with a new head, you could get a new light, better suited to your own requirements.
For a single stage (high only) light you could look at the Streamlight Protec 1L (180 lumens, programmed to high only) or even better the Fenix PD (set to 210 or 105 lumens).

I have owned an E1D (300 lumen) and currently own a Protac 1L. They are both nice lights. The power is a direct trade-off on the run-time. Both have beautiful beams, although the SF has a lot more "punch" and still decent spill. I do like that for long walks on level terrain where I don't need the lumens, the 1L can be converted to low/high.

mbw_151

Enlightened
The very first E1L was a single level 30 lumen light. The first E2L was a single level 45 lumen light. Both were quickly replaced with dual level 3/45 and 3/60 lumen heads respectively. They are out there, but most owners aren't willing to part with them.

Latest posts