New Acebeam K60 with CREE XHP70 5000LM

haro

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam has annonced a new flashlight with one Cree XHP70 and 5000 lumen the K60:

http://www.acebeam.com/acebeam-k60

Somewhat longer as Fenix TK75 and more weight but 5000 lumen for 3,2 hours!
The Cree XHP70 seems to be very efficient.

Hope to see soon more from this flashlight and also a price ...

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are astounding runtimes. 300 lumens for 320 hours, 1000 for 35 hours. For extended outages this would be outstanding performance.

ven

Flashaholic
Love the look of the light,really appeals to me,however output and run times i am taking with a bucket of salt.............

Other than that,its certainly on my wanted list

drummer132132

Enlightened
Love the look of the light,really appeals to me,however output and run times i am taking with a bucket of salt.............

Other than that,its certainly on my wanted list

Agreed, look at the x60M, claimed 10k lumen and it wasn't even close. But get 3 XHP70, I'd believe them a little more.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
...output and run times i am taking with a bucket of salt.............

That was my first thought too. The XHP-70 is only rated for around 4000 lumens. To get 5000 OTF lumens, they would probably have to drive it to 6000 LED lumens, way beyond spec. Even if it didn't lose efficiency at high drive levels (very unlikely), AND it can handle the extra current, we are talking close to 50 watts for a single LED. I just don't believe that is practical. I VERY much doubt that anyone will ever see the rated numbers in reality. The worst part is that Acebeam seems to be making this a regular habit. A lot of companies miss the mark with a light here or there...but when a company starts to greatly over-rate ALL their products, I am wary of what other shady practices that might have.

I've only owned one Supbeam/Acebeam, the K40(vn), and I am happy with it. But it seems to me they are going in the wrong direction with the misleading marketing.

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
Exactly. It has a 4000lm 32w led and 50whr batteries.

Fantasy, or a cynical manipulation of the FL1 standard.

Rob

ven

Flashaholic
That was my first thought too. The XHP-70 is only rated for around 4000 lumens. To get 5000 OTF lumens, they would probably have to drive it to 6000 LED lumens. Even if it didn't lose efficiency at high drive levels, AND it can handle the extra current, we are talking close to 50 watts for a single LED. I just don't believe that is practical. I VERY much doubt that anyone will ever see the rated numbers in reality. The worst part is that Acebeam seems to be making this a regular habit. A lot of companies miss the mark with a light here or there...but when a company starts to greatly over-rate ALL their products, I am wary of what other shady practices that might have.

I do agree doc,thing is they make damn good lights imho,very good value and build wise is good too. Yes maybe not quite up to certain other well known brands(not far behind),but they can hold their own! Honesty,be it even 3500lm is still pretty amazing,just tell us what it is and build an honest rep. This =3 key words for me,trust,respect and confidence. After all,its not just about lm,its about how its presented to and outside the lens:)

easilyled

Flashaholic
AFAIK, its the first production light utilising the XHP70. Respect has to go to the pioneers of something new because some R&D must go into designing a compatible reflector and making sure its at the optimal focal point for, hopefully, a donut-free beam which puts the lumens out there.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big, heavy, powerful, with doable level spacing. Nice! I will be searching for reviews; already a nascent thread in the German forum.

chuckhov

Enlightened
You know... I really like the concept of this light, but I really hate the inflated claims.

If I didn't mind lies, I could just go to eBay and get a 15,000lm for a Lot less than I believe they are going to be asking for this.

It's really a shame, because specs such as these really devalue the company in my eyes.

Thanks, but no thanks Acebeam:-(
-Chuck
PS - but I could be wrong... Maybe it uses Magic Batteries?

light-modder

Enlightened
I noticed the gray box at the top right, iirc, states that it uses an XHP50. Then the description says XHP70, sorry but that's it for me. Didn't look any further.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'd be inclined to wait until this light is reviewed before dismissing it.

As ven says, even if it produces 3500 lumens OTF, if it has a nice beam with a good build and price point, its still going to be well worth considering.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I'd be inclined to wait until this light is reviewed before dismissing it.

As ven says, even if it produces 3500 lumens OTF, if it has a nice beam with a good build and price point, its still going to be well worth considering.

+ think what vinh could do,this really has the makings of a potential No1 seller imo.........k60vn with led options(be it XHP50 or XHP70 or even a de-domed XP-L as an example),extra heat sinking and current bump= :rock:

easilyled

Flashaholic
+ think what vinh could do,this really has the makings of a potential No1 seller imo.........k60vn with led options(be it XHP50 or XHP70 or even a de-domed XP-L as an example),extra heat sinking and current bump= :rock:

Indeed. This light certainly has my attention and I'll be following its progress with great interest. As you say Vinh is certain to utilise the 88mm or so reflector in this light to produce a throw monster although if the 124,100 lux peak beam intensity (or 704 metres) is anywhere near correct, then perhaps the compromise between lumens and throw will suit my needs unmodified.

ven

Flashaholic
Indeed. This light certainly has my attention and I'll be following its progress with great interest. As you say Vinh is certain to utilise the 88mm or so reflector in this light to produce a throw monster although if the 124,100 lux peak beam intensity (or 704 metres) is anywhere near correct, then perhaps the compromise between lumens and throw will suit my needs unmodified.

Yes agree,its well within my need out of the box regarding their figures........??? Is a bonus to have beefed up wires(if req) and more importantly extra heat sinking .

Acebeam certainly seem to offer good value products,seem to be pretty much on the ball too with innovation and latest leds.

The wait in anticipation begins............ :)

light-modder

Enlightened
True story. The price would really be a consideration factor. Anything cheap enough is worth a try. And if all else fails mod it:)

haro

Newly Enlightened
Now Acebeam canceled the runtimes in their K60 desription.
Seems they were too optimistic.

By the way:
Acebeam seems to have a serious problem with flashlights in which the batteries were charged, see e.g. the following thread in Budgetlightforum:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/38570

In some charges of these flashlights the batteries were unbalanced charged.
Acebeam has anounced that they are working for a solution of this problem.

Last edited:

acebeam

Enlightened
K60-2015-05-17.jpg

Last edited: