Rechargeable battery advice for my Fenix E25

enopteltca

Newly Enlightened
Hi there. I bought a Fenix E25 a year or so ago. Apart from the fact the lanyard strap makes the tail stand feature useless I am more than happy with it. Over the past year or so I have been chewing through a bunch of cheap AA alkalines I got given from some unused promotional stock. Now that I am on my last few batteries I am looking for some rechargeable ones. I think I know what will work but just have a few questions.

Basically looking for some good rechargeable AA batteries for my Fenix E25 torch.

1. Are rechargeable NI-MH batteries a good option for the Fenix E25? Manual says NI-MH is recommended but does not state whether rechargeables can be used.

2. Which brand batteries are the best? I seem to remember reading allot of good stuff about sanyo eneloop's when I bought the torch. Are they still the go to?

3. Is there anything I need to be aware if in terms of the battery charger? I have a Ni-Mh charger which has not been used for several years and don't know how good it is or are they all pretty much the same

I know they are kind of basic questions but there is nothing worse than buying something then finding out you could of had something better / should of done something differently. Thanks in advance.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiMh are by definition rechargeables, and yes, Eneloops are the gold standard. Get a newer decent charger that chargers cells individually, but anything from a Maha C9000 smart charger to Costco pre-packaged Eneloop BQ-CC17 is fine. See HKJs battery and charger reviews at lygte-info.dk, and in the battery sub-forum.

kj2

Flashaholic
Well be sure to checkout the battery section here over at CPF. Lots of information there about all kinds of batteries and chargers. Yes, the E25 works on rechargeable batteries. I think almost everyone here will recommend Eneloop batteries.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Still in 2015 Eneloops are the best NiMh batteries. If you can afford it get a good charger like a LaCrosse BC-700 and a few sets of Eneloops. I think the BC-700 (or one of the other models) has come down in price a lot.

Great performance and they don't leak (at least basically never compared to alkalines which can leak if they discharge and sit a long time in a light).

Latest posts