Top Ten single AA Flashlights of 2015

EDCstuff

Newly Enlightened
Here are a handful of the best AA lights I've found for EDC priced high to low. This list should have something for everyone but let me know if there are any you think I missed!

Coast HP1 - 220 lumens - $9.99
ThruNite Saber 1A - 169 lumens - $25.95
ThruNite T10S - 208 lumens - $39.95
EagleTac D25A Mini - 179 lumens - $40.67
Fenix LD12 – 125 lumens - $48.00
ThruNite Neutron AA – 408 lumens - $49.95
Olight S15 – 280 lumens - $49.95
FOURSEVENS Quark AA – 109 lumens - $63.00
Zebralight SC52 L2 – 285 Lumens - $64.00
XENO E03 V3 – 460 lumens - $84.20

For a full list of the Top Ten AA lights, check this out!
If you like CR123As, you may find this post interesting as well

Amelia

Enlightened
These deserve a place on your list:

EagleTac D25A Clicky
L3 Illumination L10 and L10C (Nichia 219 Versions)
Nitecore SRT3

LedTed

Enlightened
These deserve a place on your list:

EagleTac D25A Clicky
L3 Illumination L10 and L10C (Nichia 219 Versions)
Nitecore SRT3

Nice additions Amelia,

I also like to add the NiteCore D11.2.

Last edited:

osef

Newly Enlightened
Favorite 1XAA: Malkoff MDC AA ~$99

You might also consider the Sunwayman V11R in neutral tint. Can be used as 1XAA with an extension (included in some packages).

1DaveN

Enlightened
I got the Fenix LD09 instead of the LD12. I wanted the smaller size, and I don't use modes as a rule. If I were more interested in being able to switch modes easily, the LD12 UI would have won me over.

experimentjon

Newly Enlightened
Pretty crazy to see that the Quark AA is basically unchanged from when I bought my first one so many years ago when I was just starting to get into flashlights. Looks like lumen output for the competition has gone through the roof in the meantime for AA lights (460 from a single AA cannot be safe!)...but I love that the Quark still remains relevant.

Whiskers

Newly Enlightened

I've owned the Fenix LD12 for a few weeks and its become my 'go to' light for anything. By anything I mean when I actually need a flashlight to do a task and not one with bells and whistles to play with for fun.

I'd been EDC'ing the Fenix PD35 for a while which is my favorite 18650/ cr123 flashlight bar none yet recently decided to swap it out for the LD12 as my latest daily carry because it has ample lumens and run time to suit my daily routines and is less than half the weight and size of the PD35. Also I just love being able to use a single AA in the LD12 which are far more common to find than the 18650s and CR123s of the PD35. I'm not a fan of carrying extra batteries and trying to find uncommon ones on the high street is often met with:

Shopkeeper: "Dude what?"

Me: "It's a battery its God damn battery!"

Shopkeeper: "Battery? We got AAs and AAAs. No CR123s!"

I'm feeling that first spark of genuine flashlight love again! Highly recommended Fenix. Probably my favorite flashlight brand. Exciting times for EDC'ers. All I need now is to find a pocket tent.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty crazy to see that the Quark AA is basically unchanged from when I bought my first one so many years ago when I was just starting to get into flashlights. Looks like lumen output for the competition has gone through the roof in the meantime for AA lights (460 from a single AA cannot be safe!)...but I love that the Quark still remains relevant.

Smoke and mirrors and apples and oranges, I own many of the lights and have a light box. The specs listed above are all over the map - some are on 14500s, some are LED lumens, some are weaker XPG2 versions, and most are manufacturer exaggeration. Apples to apples, the lights are far more similar than their specs would suggest - well, except the Neutron, that will do 700+ on an IMR14500.

WickedServant

Newly Enlightened
Suggestion for list:

Nitecore SENS AA ($26)

Edit: had mentioned Nitecore MT1A but there are already flashlights in the list of the same pricing ($38)

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Since it's pretty early in 2015, I'm hoping the Zebralight SC5 ($69) will be a contender after some reviews.

Whiskers

Newly Enlightened
http://www.jakpak.com/home.aspx
You're welcome. I am helpful. I'm just suffering "awesome lighting device withdrawal." I have no fix in sight and it's kind of sad.

Yes, I am a gadget person.

Holy God it looks like a body bag! I don't fancy getting in one of those for the night I might end up a fridge at the morgue or some passing trekkers may throw me off the side of a mountain "Hey look at the dude in the body bag lets tie him upside down to a tree"

Fast forwarding the vid to 2:40 says it all really!

Last edited: