Check out the new Covert Photon Micro-Light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.photonlight.com/index2.html

Covert Photon I: The new Covert Photon includes all the features of the Photon I, with the addition of a housing that extends to shield and protect the bulb. This reduces glare and effectively eliminates all peripheral light. Originally designed for covert military use, the Covert Photon is also great for reading programs in darkened theaters, reading menus in dimly lit restaurants, or any other situation where you don't want to disturb anyone nearby or attract attention. Available in Red or White beam colors. $16.95 ea.

Craig720

Enlightened
But the Covert Photon doesn't offer a constant-on switch, does it? That would be a big drawback for me, especially if I'm trying to read something in dimly lit surroundings.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet you could swap the case with an on/off switch button. Maybe...

Blades

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have not seen these Coverts in person, but my impression is that the "covert" part (the extended housing) is one piece with the rest of the case. Can anyone verify that? Also, does anyone know what the beam from one of these looks like? Is there a noticeable difference in beam width from the regular model?

Brock

Flashaholic
Unfortunately you cant switch the cases, well you could but then each light would be the other one
wink.gif
I would really like a covert Photon with a switch also, even giving up some water resistance.

Brock

Craig720

Enlightened
The covert Photon II with an constant-on switch would truly be nifty. Not to mention something new to play with! I'd email the Photon site to suggest this, but I haven't had much luck with replies on that score.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

No but the new Photon III dpes have a switch.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig:
But the Covert Photon doesn't offer a constant-on switch, does it? That would be a big drawback for me, especially if I'm trying to read something in dimly lit surroundings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Photon II does not come in a Covert version (But I think it could and should and made that suggestions to LRI).

I did fit a Photon II with a bit of black plastic tube and superglued it to the Photon II housing - works great and cost almost nothing.

The new Photon III does come in a Covert version.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades:
I bet you could swap the case with an on/off switch button. Maybe...

Blades
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The light bulb housing in the covert model is part of the housing. I took a bit of black plastic tubing and converted my Photon II to covert and it works fine. The beam is narrower in a covert model.

The new Photon III comes in a covert version.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pepopl:
I have not seen these Coverts in person, but my impression is that the "covert" part (the extended housing) is one piece with the rest of the case. Can anyone verify that? Also, does anyone know what the beam from one of these looks like? Is there a noticeable difference in beam width from the regular model? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>