Lost my favorite light!

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Argh!

Spent the day at the beach with my daughter. Had my Zebralight SC62 clipped in my pocket like I always do. But I stuffed the dog leash in my pocket a couple times. Noticed the light was gone at some point. Tried to retrace my steps. Couldn't find it. :(

It's sitting in the sand somewhere. Getting wet. Wonder how long it will take to corrode to the point that water intrudes into it and fries it...

Man I HATE losing stuff.

nbp

Flashaholic
Losing stuff is the worst. Maybe someone will find it and put it to good use and end up a new flashaholic. :) I guess it's time for an upgrade???

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I have been lucky so far and never lost a light.I wish I could say the same for several fairly expensive pocket knifes.I always stick some 3M reflective tape on my smaller lights and replace the lanyards with bright orange paracord.If I do misplace a light I can usually find it day or night.

LGT

Enlightened
I feel your pain. Lost my favorite light about a year ago. Killed me to think that it was going to waste, or the one that found it did not know how to use it. It was a HDS170t. But I do, to an extent, think that things happen for a reason. As in lost light found will help the one who found in a dire situation.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel your pain. Lost my favorite light about a year ago. Killed me to think that it was going to waste, or the one that found it did not know how to use it. It was a HDS170t. But I do, to an extent, think that things happen for a reason. As in lost light found will help the one who found in a dire situation.

I really like what you said here - it echoes my feelings perfectly. In fact, a friend of mine has a simple LED keychain light (4xLR44). Where did he get it? He found it on the floor outside. It has helped him on numerous occasions.

I like to think a lost light will bring light to someone in need :)

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Hard to upgrade the perfect EDC light :rolleyes:

Exactly!

As in lost light found will help the one who found in a dire situation.

Hope so. I would rather somebody get some use out if it than have it slowly corrode under wet sand. But with the complex and powerful Zebralight UI, I wonder if the person who finds it will even figure out how to use many of it's brightness levels...

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I also hope that it ends up helping someone down the road. Does it have any markings on it? Maybe someone will Google it if it does and can then figure out the interface.

bladesmith3

Enlightened
just the other day I came home from walking the dog and realized I had a hole in the pocket of my jeans and my E05 was missing. I was sad. I decided to retrace the entire 2 mile walk and see if I might come across the light. (BTW the dogs loved the extra 2 miles. LOL) I was just a block from home sad because the light was gone. I did find it just 100 yards from my house. LOL if I had walked in the opposite direction I would have found it within a minute. oh well. I am still happy that I did find it. happy ending.

UnderMKE

Newly Enlightened
Sympathy! Just lost my Quark RGB. In fact, that is how I came to discover this forum!

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thing come to those who lose their favourite light...

A new shiny better one, twice as bright and half the size!