PayPal question regarding refunds

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
I ordering the wrong parts on a website and they issued a refund and it says +$25 which is the right amount but its not in my PayPal nor pending nor is it showing up on my bank account. Does it take a few days to go back on my bank card or did I miss something ?

Usually when I have a refund it goes to my PayPal instantly and I can either transfer to my bank or let it sit and use it but this one shows nothing...

It might have to do with the source of the funds the company used, or perhaps where the company is located. Probably your best source for an answer would be to contact PayPal.

~ Chance

savumaki

Enlightened
I would think that no refund has been made; I have PP refunds and they show up as soon as the vendor posts them.

ven

Flashaholic
I have found refunds can take up to 2-3 business days,being easter it may take longer ...........just a thought.

Check paypal,should show money refunded,usually goes straight to account from there.................again this takes 2-3 days.

ven

Flashaholic
So in short,yes looks "disappeared" so to speak, as not in paypal,not in account..............think of it in between :laughing: and paypal enjoying all the interest x1,000,000 as they keep hold for that bit longer!

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they refund you and don't have funds in their account, they'll refund it with an e-check and it takes several days for it to clear...as said previously, PayPal should be able to tell you what happened, but I know that has happened to me before (the e-check thing)...and I've been on paypal since the first year they opened, so...

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
If I pay from paypal using a credit card I get instant refund notice from paypal but credit doesn't show up in my credit card for a week.

Keeper Oath

Newly Enlightened
I have dealt with PayPal for may years and I have found it to work this way: Once the business refunds your your money it may take a day or so to show in PayPal. Once it gets to PayPal it may take a day or so for it to be ready to transfer back into your CC/Bank account or be available to spend again through PayPal. It doesn't take all that long. Be patience and it'll be there soon.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
I have dealt with PayPal for may years and I have found it to work this way: Once the business refunds your your money it may take a day or so to show in PayPal. Once it gets to PayPal it may take a day or so for it to be ready to transfer back into your CC/Bank account or be available to spend again through PayPal. It doesn't take all that long. Be patience and it'll be there soon.
me too many years but haven't had this scenario in a long time. And the order was from RMM Mtn Electronics..so the refund is definitely good. Probably just takes a few days. It never showed a x amount of $ in my balance on PayPal it just shows a + refund.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes ,nothing to worry,here in UK anyway its 2-3 days,rare occasions can be same day within 2hrs........as said depends how its refunded.

Check maybe Tuesday(do you have bank hol like us in UK with the Easter Fri and Mon),this may effect the time.............