looking for a driver for vampire light

gianetics

Enlightened
i just picked up a gerber omnivor and one mode ten lumens is not going to cut it for me. plus it seem amazingly un efficient. im looking for a driver that will handle aa-cr123 voltage but also is a vampire and will drain as much battery as possible. two modes would be nice a "high" and low.

light-modder

Enlightened
Don't know about a 3V option but illumination supply has a 1.5V driver that's suppose to drain a battery down to 0.5V seems pretty low to me, don't know much about vampire lights. I can check the one I've got in a mini mag, it will take 3V. I'll leave it on till it dies and check voltage. Although I got it a ME and last I checked his site was down.

light-modder

Enlightened
Well I checked the batteries. They read 0.9 and 0.96. So I would say no definitely not a vampire driver.

light-modder

Enlightened
Decided I'd put the batteries back in and see if anything happens. It lights up pretty bright so I'll see how low I can get them.

gianetics

Enlightened
thats for the report. i honestly had not check this thread in awhile. the light uses a aspherical lens with a plastic sleeve to put it into position. the led is soldered directly on the driver (wow). the switch is horrible it feels like soft sandwich bread. this will be a little more work than i thought.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with a Peak Logan with battery adapter kit, or a low voltage Quark with 1CR123 and 1AA tubes, and a AAA>AA adapter. Either will run AAAs, AAs, and CR123s down to ~1V, and efficiently.