Ld12 tailswitch retrofit

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
Is there a tailswitch that allows the ld12 to tailstand?

I've had this light a long time, and recently, in working under my vehicles it's become necessary to have a light pointing up that I don't have to lean on something else.

It doesn't have to be a fenix tailcap, but keeping the same pocket clip would sure be nice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

kj2

Flashaholic
Don't know about a other tailcap that would fit. You could try to add a rubber ring on the tailcap. That way the light stands on the rubber ring.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about a other tailcap that would fit. You could try to add a rubber ring on the tailcap. That way the light stands on the rubber ring.

One of those small, wide, lobster claw rubber bands works well. Slide ~1/3-1/2 off as a tail-stand shroud, and slide it back on for a bite cushion.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool idea. I agree that tailstanding is an important feature. Reppans have we gotten you to try a Fenix light yet??

One of those small, wide, lobster claw rubber bands works well. Slide ~1/3-1/2 off as a tail-stand shroud, and slide it back on for a bite cushion.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enter the torch in a glass or use Rofis AR01 Multi-Functional Clip Flashlight Clamp

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could do like I do, get a headband that has the silicon holder. That light would fit nicely in there. Search up the Armytek Tiara headband with silicone holder. It is like $3.00! Works extremely well.

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened

Great idea!

Sorry I didn't respond to any of this, I failed to subscribe to my ow thread. I believe a fat rubber band is in my future!