Samsung Galaxy s6 or Motorola DROID Turbo?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
b9b7759722de8b983f5371f36a9047ce.jpg

Shattered the glass on myGalaxy Note 2 today :( So trying to decide in which of these two I want. I had the OG Motorola Droid X and it was the bees knees then they came out with the x2 which was not really worth it. So I ended up with the note 2 cause of the large screen, split screen options and s pen. Now I am sick of large giant phones and want something a Tad smaller and bright display for day use.

The S6 edge will be in stores Friday.
Right now I am 75% sure on the Droid Turbo.
My upgrade is anytime I want as my contract ends Friday :)

Stella Willis

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I know nothing about Motorola DROID Turbo. I am a Samsung brand user and I found those reliable so I'll go and choose Samsung Galaxy S6:)

RafaNoor91

Newly Enlightened
To keep the Galaxy S6 slim, to compete with the iPhone 6 and 6+, Samsung had to make sacrifices in regards to the battery size.

People whined about Samsung not including wireless charging in their devices...well now they have...at the sacrifice of battery size.
Goes to show...manufacturers are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. Can't please everyone.

Rafa Noor | JURASSIC PARK 4

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
The S6 does not have a SD card slot and you can't change the battery out.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I've now used my Galaxy S6 for over a month. No problems. It does everything I want ... except they no longer have an HDMI output. I've only used HDMI a handful of times in the last 5 years, but it was handy to have.

The battery life is good enough. I've only hit low battery once, and that was when I failed to charge it overnight and played games throughout the day. It supports the "adaptive charging" standard, which provides a 20% charge in 10 minutes. I DO like the wireless charging, BTW.

It does not have a microsd slot, but if you have an OTG (on the go) USB adapter you can read from a USB based thumb drive or card reader. That lets me import pictures from my camera or camcorder.

All in all, I'm quite happy with it. It's fast, great screen and reliable.

Dan