Looking for a super bright flaslight

DJ JIGGLER

Newly Enlightened
Few years ago i got recommended 3000 lumen flashlight on here, but cant remember the name or where a good place to get one at.

It had 3 Cree LEDs ran on 3 1650 or 18650 i forget, and was not really big, but i think it was called Big <something here>

Anyway any new awesome 3k+ lumen flashlights?

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Lupine of Germany has one called the Betty TL2 @ 4500 GENUINE TRUE LUMENS...! Top shelf quality..

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM06, Fenix TK75 is close. You can also get many of these lights modded by a guy named Vinh here if you want even more output than the stock lights have. And again, there are many more than these as well.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Others have mentioned some fine examples, I will just add to that:
Since you did mention big, and no budget, lol, I throw out there the Acebeam X60 or X60M. Neat rigs. They run 6, 18650's and have a built in charger.

DJ JIGGLER

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys some of those look pretty badass need to figure out what one i wanna get first..

looked at most of them a little bit before work will look at the others more, but damn that X60M looks amazing.. Whats the going rate for that X60M

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can score a X60M......I would say for around $350 to $375 USD.

If that is a bit extreme check out its little brother the X60. $275 to $310 USD. But for the price difference I would be all over the M model.

Also look into some of the lights Vinh upgrades. It can be a bit overwhelming. He does TONS of different lights.

Capolini

Banned
Few years ago i got recommended 3000 lumen flashlight on here, but cant remember the name or where a good place to get one at.

It had 3 Cree LEDs ran on 3 1650 or 18650 i forget, and was not really big, but i think it was called Big <something here>

Anyway any new awesome 3k+ lumen flashlights?

That sounds similar to the FENIX TK75[4 X 18650]. Known to be the best ALL around torch with a balance of great throw and flood. ;) Mine is modified now:

Fenix Tk75vn XML2 PDT KT burn in edition
Sony vtc5
3184@ turn on
3158@ 30 sec
1598 high
611 mid
17 low
Throw - 341,000 Lux That is 1167 meters of throw!!

Stock is 2900 lumens/119Kcd/690m of throw

People have already mentioned some lights If your just looking for a flood monster.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're willing to wait a month or two you might try the Noctigon Meteor M43. International Outdoors is going to sell it, and so will Mountain Electronics I think.

It's a very small 4x18650 light. 8500 lumens. It's a flooder though... if you want throw look elsewhere.

Capolini

Banned
Lupine of Germany has one called the Betty TL2 @ 4500 GENUINE TRUE LUMENS...! Top shelf quality..

I checked it out,,,$880 US Dollars,,,,,,,ridiculous! You can get a modded TK75vn and save over $550!,,,,,,,,,,,,,and other flood monster lights mentioned w/ much more than 4500 lumens and much less than half that price!

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I checked it out,,,$880 US Dollars,,,,,,,ridiculous! You can get a modded TK75vn and save over $550!,,,,,,,,,,,,,and other flood monster lights mentioned w/ much more than 4500 lumens and much less than half that price!
I myself would not own anything BUT Lupine as I also have the Betty R14 4500 Lumen Head lamp for my bicycle. To many of the other stuff is Chinese Knockoff with over inflated bogus lumens..

Capolini

Banned
I myself would not own anything BUT Lupine as I also have the Betty R14 4500 Lumen Head lamp for my bicycle. To many of the other stuff is Chinese Knockoff with over inflated bogus lumens..
LOL!! Really??? Well a fine American gentlemen[Jmpaul320] measured the lights I spoke of along with a fine Canadian Gentlemen name Selfbuilt who has an impeccable reputation!

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion/vote is the Surefire UDR Dominator.....The output ,focus,quality,levels and design speak for themselves. I also agree with the Lupines. They are excellent lights.
And yes...I have owned them. Until you get a Lupine or a WiseLed and try one for yourself you won't understand in my opinion.

Capolini

Banned
You can get a tn36vn with xhp70's with over 10k lumens for under $300. It's a no brainier.

I disagree, unless....the "OP" is looking for a "wow" factor and is willing to accept max output for a very limited time because of extreme heat build up.

I "HAD" the TN36 and sent it back. the main reason was one night last winter it was 33F outside on the trail. I ran it on turbo for 8 minutes and had to turn it down,,,too hot to hold. Vinhs MKR version w/ a current boost would get even hotter. The XHP70's even hotter yet! A night like tonight[62F],,maybe 4 minutes,the summer.....2 minutes!!! NOT PRACTICAL. You can't even run them on HIGH for extended periods.

The light I mentioned, TK75vn KT has plenty of throw/lumens and also can be run extensively/continuously on turbo[minus split second step down]. Tonight it was 62F and I ran it for 30 consecutive minutes before I dialed down,,,,,,,,I could have gone a ~ 5 minutes longer but do not like to run it until it gets too hot to hold.

The TK75vn[dome on/dome off] is a MUCH more practical choice.

I have 15 modded lights[14 Vinh lights] so I have a pretty good idea about all of them.;)

Capolini

Banned
My suggestion/vote is the Surefire UDR Dominator.....The output ,focus,quality,levels and design speak for themselves. I also agree with the Lupines. They are excellent lights.
And yes...I have owned them. Until you get a Lupine or a WiseLed and try one for yourself you won't understand in my opinion.
the OP better be rich!! $1200/$1300 for the surefire and $880 for the Lupine! :poke:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ThruNite TN30. 3338 Lumens. 3x18650. 3 x CREE XM-L2 U2 LED. The thing is bright and easy to use. A rear momentary clicky with a rotating control ring to switch levels. High 3338 lumens. Low 1.2 Lumens. Price $144.00 USD.

Specification:

• LED: Three Cree XM-L2 LEDs with a lifespan of 20+years of run time.
  • Max 3338 lumen output using 3 * 18650 batteries.
  • Level 1: 1.2 lm. 1200 hours; Level 2: 45 lm. 75 hours; Level 3: 422 lm. 10 hours; Level 4: 1118 lm. 3.5 hours;
  • Level 5: 1580 lm. 2.3 hours; Level 6: 3338 lm. 1 hours; Standby: 67 uA; Strobe: 3338 lm. 1.8hours.
  • Working voltage: 8V to 13V.
  • Max runtime: 1200 hours.
  • Max beam distance: 440 meters.
  • Peak beam intensity: 42000cd.
  • Impact resistant: 1.2 meters.
  • Waterproof to IPX-8 standard, 2M.
  • 178.00mm length, 64.50mm bezel diameter.
  • Weight: 559.80g without battery.
  • Aircraft grade aluminum body structure.
  • Premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish.
  • Ultra-clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
  • Momentary forward click tactical switch.
  • Strobe mode for tactical and emergency use.
  • Smooth reflector for max light output.
  • Highly focused beam for maximum distance.
  • Tactical knurling for firm grip.
  • Streamlined body design.
  • Mechanical reversed polarity protection design for battery carrier.
  • Intelligent highly efficient circuit board design for max performance and long run time.
  • Specially designed for Military, Law Enforcement, Self-defense, Hunting, Search & Rescue and Outdoor activities.
  • Intelligent temperature controlled light output for user safety.
Operation:

• Battery Installation
    1. Screw the tail cap off in counter-clockwise direction.
    2. Remove the battery carrier.
    3. Put batteries in battery carrier, with the negative end (flat one) of the battery pointing to the spring.
    4. Insert the battery carrier back into the body.
    5. Screw the tail cap back tightly in a clockwise direction.
  • Tactical Lighting/Momentary On
    • Half press the tail cap button, the flashlight will turn on temporarily; release the button at the tail cap, the flashlight will turn off.
  • ON/OFF Switching
    • Switch ON: Press the tail cap button down completely until a "click" sound is heard and flashlight turns on.
    • Switch OFF: Press the tail cap button down a second time until a "click" sound is heard and light is turned off.
  • Mode Switching
    • With the light turned on, rotating the control ring to select six levels of brightness, standby and strobe smoothly.