Had a power failure tonight!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sun was setting and the power tripped off in my local area. As I pulled my bicycle in the driveway, I saw light moving around in my house. My wife has access to several lights but, she picked the Elektrolumens Anglehead to light up the living room.
After she was done getting some food on the table, she put it on it's end and pointed the light at the wall for reflective spill. She is learning how all this mess works.
The flashaholic in me whipped out the BB500 R2H Fraen but it was too bright (there is such a thing!) Went with plan B and propped my Arc AA on the tail end and used it as a candle. Went into the bedroom and the Arc AA was on it's tail again giving dim illumination as it bounced photons off the ceiling.
The Micro Illuminator went in the boys room, again standing on it's tail when they needed light. I started forming opinions on flashlight use for spill light.
Wanted to use my piercing 2D Mag R2H but the lights came back on after two hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif No fun in the streets nuking eyeballs tonight!
Under the lessons learned department: my wife and kids always grab the Anglelux if they need light. It gives off a bright, white beam with decent spill that fulfills their requirements and runs at least 24 hours.
The little Arc AA on the keychain is an amazing light for bedrooms, it provides enough illumination when bounced off the ceiling. Knowing I will get 14 hours of light out of a single battery is nice for an entire night in the dead of winter.
The tiny Micro Illuminator works well on a lanyard, small and light with great firepower and a wide corona to see everything. Take it off for a room illumination device. It's only downfall is the 2 hours max runtime...you can't have it all.
My CNC-123 will be coming in soon as the new host for my BB500 Fraen LP. Luckily, it has a tailswitch shroud so it can stand on end for these unique situations. That gives me a count of 4 lights of low, medium, bright and very bright intensities that can stand on the tail.
This will boost my patience waiting for an Arc4 revision with the shroud that will stand on end. It will be nice to have an adjustable brightness light to get the most runtime and correct light levels.
Shame it was only two hours, I need justification for my newest aquistions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

i wish i'd get a power outage so i could make a post like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like pwer failers lol makes the city so dark the stars are so relaxeing .and im the only one in this hood who was prepared last time i love my colemans laterns poroapne and very bright. but i just used them to get me some cold beer and ice outa frifge and my radio battery powered a course n then turned it off looking at stars and listening to oldies was a awesume night

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Non-Flashaholic: "D@mn it's dark; I wish the streetlights were brighter"

Flashaholic: "D@mn streetlights; why'd they have to make 'em so fri@@n bright"?

Brightnorm

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
i like pwer failers lol makes the city so dark the stars are so relaxeing .and im the only one in this hood who was prepared last time i love my colemans laterns poroapne and very bright. but i just used them to get me some cold beer and ice outa frifge and my radio battery powered a course n then turned it off looking at stars and listening to oldies was a awesume night

[/ QUOTE ] You've just given me a hankering for a nice cold one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys should move to any island in the Caribbean. The power goes out here like once a week, at least. I'm all stocked up on Surefire batteries now too! Whoohoo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found out the particulars about the power failure,
A squirrel somehow worked he way into a transformer and shorted the outputs and took out a sector of our area. Some of my buddies at work asked me if I had fun when the power failed.
The sad part out of the entire thing was a friend of mine (that thinks I am a little odd about flashlights) she used candles. Problem is one of them fell over and burned her bedroom up. Time to get her some Arc AAA's for their keychains.