Hard Anodizing

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know anyone who will HA my pm6? I killed the finish making it a clickie.. Price? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this has no answer, I'm going to take a stab and make an educated suggestion...
I'd ask a local anodizer, of which there may be a few.
I'm no anodizing expert, as I only know what I've researched on the web, but my understanding is that the finish will first need to be stripped then re-anodized from scratch.
Because there's only the one unit to do, you may need to negotiate having a company sneak it in with a run of someone else's stuff, presuming the timing in the solutions will work out okay.

I did a quick search at metacrawler.com and came up with a bunch of firms offering HA. Maybe you could stick in California and narrow it down..

anodizing "type III" prototype information

[edit]Oh yeah, and it's just about guaranteed that the color you get is entirely unpredictable.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
binky's right on piggy-backing on somebody elses order. Two of my local anodizers get $65 and $75 "lot minimum charge." This will usually cover several pieces. If they need to do any masking, $ka-ching$. I think Chief Wiggum recently posted on using a home anodizing kit from Caswells. Hard anodize at home may not be practical due to the requirement that the tank be refrigerated.

Larry