Woohoo! New batteries!

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
Hey Dudes,

I justed received 9 SureFire 12B "Hurricanes" (ya know, the silly plastic box with the bulb) from Botach and they each came with a dozen Duracell Ultras! Woohoo!
smile.gif

And get this - the price they charge is exactly the same as if you bought only the batteries!

Picture to follow!
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
So does it use an incandescent lamp or LED in the box? how bright is it, I know it is meant to dimly light a room for a long time. Looking forward to the pics

Brock

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
Hiya Brock,

It's a freakin' incandescent bulb, which explains why it only lasts 50 hours. Sheesh. I'm really disappointed they (SureFire) didn't go the LED route on this one. Maybe on the next version of the 12B?

Anyways, here's a picture - note the new "in your face" packaging. I don't know about you guys, but I kinda liked the classic understated silver, black and red packaging from before...

View

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
P.S. I read the 'manual' that came with it and it says the output of the lamp is "3+ lumens". Sheesh.

To add insult to injury, it only gets about 8 hours per bulb position. This means you can use up all twelve batteries in about 48 hours because each position uses TWO lithiums!

Hmm... 2 Duracell Ultras at only 3 lumens for 8 hours?!? Not if I can help it!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..really man. I read their prose about it, and the philosophy seems to be; this is how you can use all the energy left in the used batteries, since they will dim the flashlight before they are fully used up..so I was thinking the low light emission number (3 lumens) and duration must have been based on USED batteries?? I mean these things have what? at least 3 amp hours in them? is that correct? that should last longer than 8 hours with a, say 250 ma bulb... any suggestions for a 6 volt led bulb replacement for the "Hurricane"? Maybe a lower voltage could be used if only partially discharged batteries are going to be used with it..?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick FYI, 123-type cells are rated at 1.3AH, but can release upto 3 amps when shorted..

--dan

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by a dealer that the Hurricane was really jsut a way for SureFire to sell batteries directly to consumers. Thye have some sort of agreement with Duracell that they can't sell batteries except with a light, or the shrink wrapped one for the weapon mounted lights. I don't know if it's true but it kinda makes sense. SureFire does say that is also an economical way to purchase 12 batteries.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

well that explains ALOT. I mean look at this 'hurrricane lamp' , try getting the lid switch to work, you don't know how many times I shook my head wondering how and why they came up with this thing! But, lawyers, THAT explains the madness...

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to be a not-very-well-kept secret that the Hurricane is basically SureFire's way to get batteries to their customers cheaper. Make sense, good move by Surefire!

Joe

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't think that Duracell would like the 12B to make it over to England - It's ~$35 in the U.S. In England 12 DL123A Ultras cos £87 which is crazy money!!

Something somewhere doesn't make sense! Someone's getting very rich out of batteries in the UK!!!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

We have decided to put the CR123A batteries on sale for the next 30 days at a price of 12 for $21.99

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Cheapbatteries.com carries the sanyos for $1.65 ea (123 size lithium) - so right now that's the price to beat.

Personally, I'd prefer a battery store to sell both primary and secondary cells, and to sell individual cells. Sunn seems to sell some oddball packs and chargers for special purposes, but us flashlight folk can't use them - we need specific voltages and stacks - I went all through their website and nowhere do they just sell

X brand Y MAH NIMH Sub-C $1.23/cell

If a battery store is doing volume, they should pass that on to those customers technical enough to use the cells individudally - otherwise they're worthless as a vendor.

A good battery store should ask, "Would you like tabs on those cells, sir?"

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Name the battery you need and we'll offer it. We can't match every price on the net, but we can offer everything you need at one place. We are a full service battery company. We build custom packs and tabs are available on almost any of the cells we offer for a cost of $.05 per cell. Just email us for more info.Sunn Battery's website

Size15's

Flashaholic
Whilst your company may offer the users of this forum products that could be of use, I do think the "Dealer's Corner" is a more appropriate section to advertise.

I suggest at this point that further posts are made in the Dealer's Corner.

It would be a shame to close topics or remove posts. However, this is a discussion forum which for the benefit of it's users has a section for Dealers to advertise and promote their products.

Respectfully,

Al

Bucky

Enlightened
I must agree with Al here. All 6 posts from sunnbattery have been out and out blatant advertising which added nothing to the forum.

It is one thing to be a dealer and post here with helpful information and possibly hint that you have a certain product, but quite another to seemingly sign up for this forum solely to promote your business - in the non-dealership forum none the less.

Bucky

D

**DONOTDELETE**

cheapbatteries.com offer them for $1.65 per battery if you buy 480+ batteries. How many people in this forum purchase batteries in that large a quantity? Their price for 6 is $2.50 per battery(much higher than our price). If you buy 48+ you can get them for $1.75 per cell. If you want to purchase 50 or more then email me and I'll match or beat that price. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Sunn Battery's website